The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7500 permanent staff, supporting over 52,000 students.
Sydney Law School, located on the University's Camperdown Campus, attracts high calibre students to its combined Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Juris Doctor (JD) programs, and has an extensive postgraduate teaching and research programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are seeking to appoint four academics who can teach into areas of need in our LLB/JD compulsory teaching programs. Scholars with research and teaching interests in Contracts, Remedies, Corporate law, and Private International Law (Conflicts of Laws) are encouraged to apply.
- Work with internationally renowned colleagues in a progressive and globally-focused law school
- With expertise in private law, teach a compulsory law subject
- Four full-time positions: two continuing positions and two fixed term positions (12 months with further offers possible of up to 12 months)
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Successful candidates will:
- hold a postgraduate law degree (such as an LLM)
- have completed or commenced a research degree in law, or demonstrated equivalent research potential
- demonstrate talent and enthusiasm for teaching in one or more of the compulsory law subjects in the LLB and JD programs, particularly Contracts, Torts & Contracts II (Remedies), Corporate law, or Private International law
- demonstrate capacity to undertake independent teaching and research in a field related to private law
- demonstrate capacity to supervise honours candidates
- demonstrate ability to contribute to faculty administration, by committee membership
This is a wonderful opportunity to join one of Australia's leading law schools and contribute to teaching and research, whilst being supported by state-of- the-art technology.
Please note that interviews will be held on Thursday 3 December 2015.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit http://sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 15 November 2015
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.