Catolica Global School of Law, Lisbon, Portugal
Catolica Global School of Law invites applications for two Gulbenkian Professorships.
ABOUT CATOLICA GLOBAL SCHOOL OF LAW: CGSL is a new, highly innovative and international educational project, developing a new transnational and contextual approach to legal thought and teaching ( http://www.fd.lisboa.ucp.pt/english).
JOB DESCRIPTION: These positions provide the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of an innovative transnational academic center, with strong international links and close connections with the legal profession.
Each position, granted initially for 3 years, is research oriented, with teaching obligations. Candidates should be able to demonstrate flexibility in their teaching packages and the ability to teach in different substantive areas. Institution building and collaborative activities are also expected.
The successful candidates will join a remarkable group of resident and visiting scholars from the most prestigious Law Schools and undertake all of the responsibilities of Catolica Global School of Law faculty, namely:
1. Scholarly research and publication at the highest level;
2. Teaching (or co-teaching) in the LL.M. programs, namely: (i) LL.M. Law in a European and Global Context, directed at recent law school graduates; and/or (ii) Advanced LL.M. in International Business Law, directed at practitioners who want to deepen their skills or to enhance their opportunities in an international career;
3. Teaching in the Global PhD Program and supervising the research of highly motivated master and doctoral students coming from all over the world;
4. Participating in collaborative research activities at Catolica and with partner institutions worldwide.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have the following qualifications and competencies:
- A PhD in Law or a position as a Professor of Law;
- Experience and excellence in interactive teaching;
- A transnational and contextual approach to law;
- Academic experience in an international setting;
- A strong research profile, aimed at publishing in leading journals of international ranking;
- Proficient use of English language (oral and writing).
Applicants are expected to develop teamwork and to contribute to building innovative approaches to teaching and research, along the strategic lines of CGSL.
REMUNERATION: We offer a competitive remuneration package and a research grant supported by the Gulbenkian Foundation.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a detailed CV, a personal statement, two letters of recommendation or the names of two academic referees, evidence regarding the job qualifications, and a digital copy of at least two scholarly writings.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com