Call for Papers
Foundation Banque de France's 17th Call for Proposals
The Foundation Banque de France is pleased to announce the launching of its 17th call for proposals of research projects in the field of monetary, financial and banking economics. Deadline for submission is 7 December 2012. The objective is to solicit academic research projects conducive to topical papers in the field of Money, Finance and Banking. The total amount earmarked for the call is EUR 120,000. Four grants will be awarded for proposals that may take twelve to eighteen months.
Projects should aim to produce a single paper suitable for submission to a major journal. The selected researchers will be required to present their work at an internal seminar at the Banque de France and/or at a conference organised by the latter, and to acknowledge the Foundation Banque de France's financial support at any subsequent publication of their research. In addition, the head of the research team or, upon approval by the Foundation, any other member of the research team (if the former or the latter is not affiliated to a French University) should commit to visit the Banque de France or any other Research Center (University, administration) located in France, for a minimum of one week, during the research period or on the occasion of the above seminar or conference presentation.
TOPICS: Topics of interest include - but are not limited to - policy-relevant work on Money, Finance and Banking such as:
- Monetary Policy & Prices: Monetary Policy Strategy under uncertainty; integration of financial variables; micro data and nominal rigidities; interaction with fiscal policies; exchange rate policies; unconventional monetary policies
- Potential Growth: productivity, rigidities, structural reforms
- Financial Stability: competition, liquidity, pro-cyclicality; macro-prudential regulation; risk assessment (systemic; individual institutions); financial crisis and resolution; financial regulation
- International Macro: global imbalances; international coordination; globalisation and growth
- Financial institutions and financial markets: stress-testing; investment banking; corporate finance; capital structures, financial innovation
7 December 2012: deadline for submission
11 January 2013: pre-selection of about 8 research projects for the selection seminar
Mid-February 2013: selection seminar (45 minutes presentation of the project to the evaluation committee, presentation via video-conference is possible)
March 2013: The Board awards 4 research grants based on a proposal by the evaluation committee
PRE-SELECTION CRITERIA: The above-mentioned pre-selection by the Scientific Committee is based on the following criteria, receiving equal weight on a 1-3 scale.
1. Is the research agenda clear?
2. Is it policy-relevant?
3. Is it realistically feasible? (the use of European data is encouraged)
4. Is it innovative?
5. Is it a French/international joint venture? (international teams involving French researchers based in France will get grade 3 for this criteria)
6. What are the team's credentials with regard to the subject proposed?
More generally, in the selection of projects, new approaches in particular new tools deemed useful to renew our understanding of the economy will be favoured.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Proposals should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 7, 2012.
FURTHER INFORMATION: For further information please visit the Foundation website at: http://www.foundationbdf.fr