December 1-2, 2016, Washington, D.C.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland and the Office of Financial Research invite the submission of research and policy-oriented papers for the 2016 Financial Stability Conference to be held December 1-2, 2016, in Washington, D.C. The objectives of this conference are to highlight research and advance the dialogue on financial market dynamics that affect financial stability, and to disseminate recent advances in systemic risk measurement and forecasting tools that assist in macroprudential policy development and implementation.
CONFERENCE FORMAT: The conference will bring together academics, policymakers, and market participants to discuss financial innovation and its impact on financial stability. There will be two types of discussion:
- RESEARCH FORUMS: These forums will follow the format of an academic workshop and include discussants.
- POLICY DISCUSSIONS: These discussions will include keynote addresses and panel discussions with speakers and panelists from industry, regulatory agencies, and academia.
TOPICS: We welcome submissions of research on topics related to innovation and financial stability, systemic risk, and related public policy. We are interested in methods using a wide variety of techniques including empirical studies, network theory, and agent-based models. Conference topics include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying financial innovation
- Measuring and monitoring financial innovation
- Structure of financial markets
- Leveraging qualitative information
- Ensuring high-quality data
- Data sharing, accessibility, and transparency
- Supervisory application of models and data
- Macroprudential policies
- Coordination of macroprudential and monetary policy
- Stress testing
- Market and funding liquidity
- Central counterparties
- Emerging financial technology
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: The deadline for submissions is July 31, 2016. Please send completed papers to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification of acceptance will be provided by September 30, 2016.
Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered for one presenter for each accepted paper.