Call for Papers
April 4 and April 5, 2013, The Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, Virginia
12th Annual Darden International Finance Conference
The Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia is pleased to announce the 12th Annual Darden International Finance Conference - Managing in a Low-Growth World - Presented in partnership with International Monetary Fund, World Bank, CFA Institute and Financial Analysts Journal The conference will take place at the Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, Virginia on April 4 and April 5, 2013.
Papers submitted shall be for the conference only.
PROGRAM ORGANIZERS: Stijn Claessens (IMF), Campbell Harvey (Duke), Rene Stulz (Ohio State), Yiorgos Allayannis (Darden)
- Darden/UVA Committee Members - Richard Evans, Mike Gallmeyer, Marc Lipson, Elena Loutskina, Pedro Matos, Michael Schill, Alan Taylor, Frank Warnock
- External Committee Members - Viral Acharya (NYU), Sandro Andrade (Miami), Gregory Brown (UNC), Shawn Cole (HBS), Asli Demirguc-Kunt (World Bank), Mihir Desai (HBS), Jessica Donohue (State Street), Alexander Dyck (Toronto), Vihang Errunza (McGill), Todd Gormley (Wharton), John Griffin (Texas), Harald Hau (INSEAD), Ralph Koijen (Chicago), Luc Laeven (IMF), Ross Levine (Brown), Karl Lins (Utah), Christian Lundblad (UNC), Amiyatosh Purnanandam (Michigan), Tarun Ramadorai (Oxford), Sergio Schmukler (World Bank), Rodney Sullivan (CFA Institute), Alexander Triantis (Maryland), Adrien Verdelhan (MIT)
Keynote Speaker: TBA
CONFERENCE PURPOSE: As in past years, we aim to bring together a mix of academics and practitioners. We will entertain a wide range of topics for this conference, but seek clusters of work that complement one another. Possible sessions could include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investing in a world of debt and deficit
- Evolving financial regulation
- Financial integration
- Global fund flows
- Sovereign Debt
- Financial Innovation
- Changing landscape of financial intermediation
- Changes in capital markets
- Post-crisis risk management
SUBMISSION AND SELECTION PROCESS: The submission deadline is November 16, 2012. The conference will consider only completed papers. The conference website, http://conference.darden.virginia.edu/ifc, will be set up to accept electronic paper submissions, through the "Online Paper Submission" link. Please fill the submission form online, paste the abstract of your paper in the appropriate text box, and upload your paper in PDF format. The program committee will review these materials and assemble sessions. Submission will only be for the conference. Authors will be free to submit their papers to any journal of their choice.
DEADLINES: Relevant dates for the submission process are as follows:
- Now through November 16, 2012: Submission of papers
- By January 15, 2013: Notification by program committee of accepted papers
Prior to the conference the full text of all accepted abstracts and papers will be available on the web: http://conference.darden.virginia.edu/ifc
EXPENSES: The conference will pay for reasonable (economy) travel expenses and will provide accommodations for paper presenters. For more details on travel reimbursement contact the administrative liaison identified below.
LOCATION: The event will be held at the Darden School of Business, 100 Darden Boulevard, Charlottesville, Virginia. The conference is open to invited guests only.
Darden School of Business
P.O. Box 7186
Charlottesville, Virginia, 22906