The Utrecht University School of Law has provided quality research and education for more than 375 years. Constant innovation has enabled the school to maintain its leading position.
Top-ranking research is conducted in all important legal fields: private law, criminal law, constitutional and administrative law and international law. Researchers collaborate intensively with foreign partners, mainly from the angle of European and comparative law. The school of law also conducts contract research and consultancy for other organisations.
- Multidisciplinary: legal researchers collaborate intensively with academics from other disciplines. The law, economics and governance disciplines have joined forces in one faculty.
- This approach supports socially relevant research connected to current issues and developments.
- The School of Law's wide-ranging research areas and academic programmes attract the most talented and motivated researchers and students.
The School of Law's top research is organised into 5 main research programmes:
- Montaigne Centre for Rule of Law and Administration of Justice
- Utrecht Centre for Regulation and Enforcement in Europe (RENFORCE)
- Utrecht Centre for Accountability and Liability Law (UCALL)
- Utrecht Centre for European Research into Family Law (UCERF)
- Utrecht Centre for Water, Oceans and Sustainability Law (UCWOSL)
The Utrecht University School of Law Legal Studies Research Paper Series contains abstracts, works in progress, and published papers from our school of law.
Global Reach of Utrecht University School of Law Legal Studies Research Paper Series
Paper Downloads by Country