The Southern Cross University Scholarship of Learning & Teaching Papers provides access to early form research focused on exploring and improving student experiences and outcomes in higher education, from pre-award pathway programs, to undergraduate and postgraduate studies. These papers disseminate emerging findings on innovative practice in university teaching and learning, spanning empirical, theoretical, practice-based, and policy contributions. Topics include, but are not limited to:
• evaluating innovative approaches to teaching and learning delivery, including SCU's new six-week Southern Cross Model
• enhancing the transitions, experiences and academic outcomes of diverse student cohorts, from pathway programs (e.g. Direct-Entry English to enabling) through to under- and postgraduate study
• designing and implementing active, media-rich pedagogies in self-access and class learning
• innovative, authentic, interlinked and manageable approaches to curricula and assessment
• practical, workplace-integrated, and professional learning in disciplinary contexts
• enhancing students' academic literacies (including digital and informational)
• encouraging and measuring student engagement across modes of study
• building communities of practice and inquiry in higher education environments
• professional development for higher education professionals
• methodologies, frameworks and principles for higher education teaching and learning
• methodologies, frameworks and principles for the scholarship of teaching and learning
• academic integrity policy, procedure and practice in higher education settings
Contributions to this Scholarship Paper Series will be drawn from across Southern Cross University's Faculties, Colleges, Partners, and professional work units.
Submitting a paper
To submit a paper please consult the submission instructions and template under Scholarship & Evaluation (Blackboard Learn) in the Introducing the Southern Cross Model Blackboard site.
Please forward submissions and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and subscribe (https://hq.ssrn.com/jourInvite.cfm?link=Southern-Cross-U-RES) to the series to receive new paper notifications.
Global Reach of Southern Cross University Scholarship of Learning & Teaching Papers
Paper Downloads by Country