Citadel - Chicago, New York or London
Quantitative Research Professionals
Citadel seeks Ph.D. job market candidates, faculty and industry professionals who are entrepreneurial, self-starters and enjoy being in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment to help continue building and growing one of the world's leading global financial institutions. Citadel pursues path-breaking work and handsomely rewards excellence. For the right individual, this opportunity represents an exciting career path in investments research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Play a key role in research in development of quantitative investment strategies based on unique proprietary data sets
- Conduct research and statistical analyses about securities and commodities
- Conceptualize valuation strategies, develop and continuously improve upon mathematical models, and help translate algorithms into code
- Work closely with traders in interpreting valuations and developing next generation models and analytics
- Evaluate vendors of financial information; evaluate and work with new data sources and analysis packages in developing investment strategies
- Provide high level technical and investment analytic support to the trade desk
- Ph.D. in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, IEOR or related fields with demonstrated ability to complete high-level, investments related research
- Experience in a quantitative role within a trading environment or experience in a position applying advanced quantitative techniques in solving highly complex data intensive problems
- Demonstrated solid empirical skill; comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets
- Strong mathematical and statistical modeling skills (i.e. time-series and cross-sectional skills) are highly valued
- Proficient coding skills with experience using statistical packages (e.g. R, Matlab); exposure to scripting (e.g. Python, Perl); C/C++ a plus but not required
Additional Qualifications may include:
- Demonstrated interest in or knowledge of investments, derivatives, asset pricing, empirical anomalies, macroeconomic analysis and market micro-structure; Experience with equities, convertible arbitrage, fixed income and/or commodities
- Understanding of the modeling of risk and dynamics of linear and non-linear financial products
- Good understanding of international accounting rules and familiarity with global market structure
- Familiarity with portfolio construction analytics and some exposure to quantitative portfolio management
Research opportunities are available in a variety of groups including:
- Credit invests across the U.S. and European corporate universe, focusing on the relationships between corporate debt, credit derivatives, credit indices and equities. The group's core strategies include Convertible Bond Arbitrage, Relative Value Credit Trading, Credit Index Arbitrage and Capital Structure Arbitrage. The implementation of these strategies integrates structural, statistical and fundamental approaches to investing across the corporate capital structure.
- Quantitative Strategies applies mathematical and statistical models to the financial markets, combining rigorous research and advanced technology to identify and execute on investment opportunities. The team operates globally, seeking to generate alpha by applying systematic strategies across a diverse set of asset classes including equities, sovereign bonds, fixed income, credit, commodities and currencies.
ABOUT CITADEL - Stronger Foundations. Greater Heights: Analyzing global markets with discipline and focus, we employ a diverse range of strategies in an effort to bring capital to its fullest potential and deliver consistent investment returns of our clients. We do this by working harder, seeing farther, and by empowering the world's most talented minds with the tools and culture they need to achieve peak performance. Our firm is guided by its core values of championing honesty, rewarding excellence, continuously learning, solving problems together, and earning the win.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please email your Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter and Job Market Paper (if applicable) to: Citadel LLC, CampusPhDRecruiting@citadel.com
Please include Job Code: TCJ103AFA in the subject line of your email.
Posted: 4 Dec 2017