SKEMA Business School, Paris
Assistant Professor in Finance
SKEMA Business School is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant / Associate Professor in Finance to begin on September 2018. Candidates must demonstrate high research and teaching potential with the motivation to engage in research projects on a team and individual basis.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Main responsibilities of the appointee:
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Teach and develop new courses at different levels in Finance
- Supervise MSc students, and possibly in the future PhD students
- Participate to the institutional school life (internal / external)
- Hold a PhD in Finance or a related field
- For Associate level position: Publications in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals
- Research in one or more specialization areas of current faculty members
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver excellent teaching at different levels
- Be able to teach in English (knowledge of French, although not strictly required, would be appreciated)
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, willingness to contribute to the research activities of the research center
ABOUT OUR DEPARTMENT AND RESEARCH CENTER IN FINANCE & ACCOUNTING: Successful candidate will be part of the Research Center in Finance and Accounting that is dedicated to promoting top level research. The main research center's fields of expertise include:
- Corporate governance
- Entrepreneurial finance
- Market finance and risk
- Accounting and financial regulation
We organize regular research seminars on the three French campuses, host international workshops and run a PhD program in finance & accounting.
Moreover, our researchers have access to a wide range of databases, including WRDS (CRSP, Compustat, WorldScope, ISS, IBES...), DealScan, SDC, Datastream, IODS and Bankscope.
The School offers publication bonuses for peer-reviewed publications, following the French CNRS Journals Ranking list.
ABOUT SKEMA: SKEMA Business School is an EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA -accredited academic institution. SKEMA is one of Europe's fastest growing business schools. It currently operates on three continents with campuses in France (Sophia Antipolis, Lille and Paris), China (Suzhou), Brazil (Belo Horizonte) and the US (Raleigh - NC State campus).
The school offers a wide range of management programs, taught in English and in French, at Bachelor, Master and Doctoral levels, as well as Executive Education. More than 7500 students are currently enrolled in the school's programs worldwide. SKEMA is positioning itself as the leadership school, training the pioneer knowledge economy decision-makers throughout the world.
Today, SKEMA is giving means to its ambition and is developing an innovative multi-campus school project on an international scale. This is why it needs to be at the forefront of innovation, particularly in terms of education. To train the talents of the future, SKEMA needs the skills of men and women who reflect the school's values: academic excellence, humanism and multiculturalism.
The faculty at SKEMA comprises more than 170 professors. The expertise of our faculty enables us to provide educational programs which reflect the opportunities and challenges of the global economic environment.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should send curriculum vitae, a cover letter, a selection of three representative publications OR details of practitioner experience, a teaching statement and teaching assessments (if available).
Please send the complete application package by email to: facultypositionFA@skema.edu, with object: Application Position in Finance - Assistant
Posted: 27 Nov 2017