University of Massachusetts Amherst, Isenberg School of Management
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor - Finance
The Finance Department of the Isenberg School is seeking talented applicants qualified for an assistant professor position. Under exceptional circumstances, highly qualified candidates at other ranks may receive consideration. The position requires candidates to teach undergraduate and graduate level classes at the Isenberg School of Management. Candidates with strengths in teaching both in-class and online Master's programs, including the MBA program will be given special consideration.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT: The Finance Department has a thriving undergraduate program and contributes to a highly reputed MBA program at the Isenberg School. The department also has a high quality PhD program with about ten students enrolled at any given time. The Finance faculty members are committed to conducting research that furthers the state-of-the-art knowledge in their respective areas of expertise.
- A PhD or equivalent degree in finance, economics, or other finance-related discipline by August 2018; all areas of finance will be considered
- Must have expertise or show potential for quality teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
- An ability to teach in both face-to-face and distance education formats to MBA students who have considerable work experience is highly desirable
- Must show evidence of or potential for publishing in premier journals
- Demonstrate active involvement in research targeted to highly rated finance and finance-related academic journals
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, please submit letter of interest, curriculum vitae, teaching evaluations, research papers if available, and names and contact information (including emails) of at least three references to: http://umass.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=89671
Preliminary interviews will take place at the AFA Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, PA, from January 5th to January 7th, 2018. If the candidate is not able to attend the AFA Meeting, we will conduct an interview remotely by video teleconference (e.g., Skype). Deadline for applications for preliminary interviews is November 24, 2017. We will continue accepting applications until a successful candidate is found. Salary is competitive.
We are seeking talented applicants qualified for an assistant professor position. Under exceptional circumstances, highly qualified candidates at other ranks may receive consideration.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.
Posted: 1 Oct 2017