The Brattle Group
Associates at The Brattle Group We are seeking Associates to work in our Boston, MA; New York, NY; Washington, DC; San Francisco, CA; and Toronto, ON offices. We are looking to hire those who can start in both the immediate future and across the summer of 2018. If you are interviewing at the AEA/ASSA meetings and/or want to explore a variety of industries, please apply through this posting. If you are certain that economic consulting is the career path you want to pursue, you should apply via our Early Decision process which can be found on the careers page of our website.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Associates work as part of a team on challenging and high-profile projects in a collegial and academically-oriented work environment. Brattle is large enough to be sought after to answer complex economic, regulatory, and financial questions for clients around the world. We are also small enough to provide our Associates with a variety of experiences and individualized development from our experts. Associates are central members of each project team and they apply finance and economic theory and practice to high profile litigation, corporate strategy, regulation, and public policy issues on behalf of our clients.
Associates are responsible for framing research approaches, project management, supervising team/staff, and developing client relationships while building individual expertise. As they gain valuable hands-on project experience, Associates also become more involved in marketing and business development efforts. The Brattle Group commits to continuous training and development for consultants and has a strong track record of developing Associates into Principals/Experts.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Ideal Candidates Will Possess:
- PhD in Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting or related field with a strong foundation in quantitative analysis
- Pre or postgraduate work experience in a related work environment (preferably in finance, government, related industry, or consulting) is strongly desired
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills (including proficiency with analytical/statistical software such as STATA, R, and Excel), along with practical problem solving abilities
- An entrepreneurial drive
- Strong relationship building skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and oral communications
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated record of outstanding academic and/or practical accomplishment
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To be considered for the Associate position, please submit the following materials via the Careers/Current Openings page of our website at http://www.brattle.com by Friday, December 1, 2017:
- Cover letter (describing your interest in economic and financial consulting and location preference)
- A writing sample/research paper
- We will be interviewing at the 2018 AEA/ASSA Meetings in Philadelphia. Letters of recommendations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: No other application materials are accepted at this email address.
ABOUT US: The Brattle Group provides consulting and expert testimony in economics, finance, and regulation to corporations, law firms, and governments around the world. We aim for the highest level of client service and quality in our industry. We are distinguished by our credibility and the clarity of our insights, which arise from the stature of our experts, affiliations with leading international academics and industry specialists, and thoughtful, timely, and transparent work. For the fourth consecutive year, Brattle has been recognized in the Vault Consulting 50 as a top 10 consulting firm to work for and the highest among economic consulting firms. We have offices in Boston, MA; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Washington, DC; Toronto, ON; London, UK; Madrid, ES; Rome, IT; and Sydney, NSW.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a unique environment that combines the best of intellectual rigor with interesting and diverse colleagues, and a spirit of fun.
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.
Posted: 3 Sep 2017