Babson College, Mathematics and Science Division
Faculty Position in Business Analytics and Statistics
The Mathematics and Science Division of Babson College invites applications for a tenure-track appointment to begin fall semester 2018.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates should have a Ph.D. degree in an appropriate quantitative field, an active research program with an interest in interdisciplinary scholarship, and an outstanding teaching record in applied statistics, analytics or related mathematical topics. We are looking for colleagues with an enthusiasm for developing and delivering innovative quantitative courses for undergraduate and master's level students in business disciplines. We encourage applications from faculty at all career stages as appointment at the Associate or Full Professor level is possible for experienced faculty.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The successful candidate will join our division which includes fourteen tenured or tenure track faculty, several full-time lecturers and a few part-time instructors. We encourage and support scholarship by providing reasonable teaching loads (four sections per year for new Assistant Professors), small class sizes, excellent technological support, and competitive travel funding. We value collaboration across disciplines and between institutions.
Our division provides opportunity for faculty to teach in a wide variety of traditional and innovative environments including:
- Our required two semester undergraduate quantitative methods sequence that includes statistical modeling along with topics from calculus, operations research and mathematics of finance.
- A popular undergraduate course in modern business analytics.
- Undergraduate electives open to all students who have completed the required sequence.
- Quantitative methods core courses for our graduate degrees, and elective courses in the MBA concentration in Business Analytics and our new Master of Science in Business Analytics.
- Face to face, blended or fully on-line graduate courses for graduate students on our Wellesley campus, and additional campuses in downtown Boston, San Francisco and (beginning in 2018) Miami.
- Non-degree courses in Executive Education or through BabsonX, the college's partnership with EdX.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Electronic applications should be submitted through https://babson.peopleadmin.com . Paper applications will not be accepted. Please include: (1) a cover letter, (2) a current curriculum vitae, (3) a 1-2 page statement of teaching philosophy, (4) a 1-2 page statement of current and planned research and (5) names and contact information for three or more references that may be contacted later for letters of recommendation, at least one of which should address teaching. For full consideration materials should be submitted by December 1, 2017. We may continue to review materials submitted after this time until the position is filled.
ABOUT BABSON COLLEGE: Babson College, located 14 miles west of Boston, is an independent school of management that takes a unique approach to preparing undergraduates, graduate students, and working professionals for the challenges of the modern business world. Babson's dynamic curriculum focuses on developing skills that transcend business so that students gain multidimensional abilities and can make important contributions to business and society. Our students understand that economic and social value creation are not mutually exclusive, but instead are integral to each other. The fundamental business skills and entrepreneurial mindset they cultivate at Babson equip them to make a difference on campus and around the world.
Babson has nearly 2,000 full-time undergraduate students and more than 1,300 full and part-time graduate students. Our highly diverse student body hails from 45 U.S. states and 57 countries. Non-U.S. student comprise more than 20% of undergraduate students and more than 40% of our full time graduate students. Babson offers a Bachelor of Science degree, MS and MBA programs, and executive education programs worldwide. We have an exciting collaboration with our near neighbors Olin College (Engineering) and Wellesley College (Liberal Arts) as described at http://bow3colleges.org/
We seek faculty who are aligned with our values of teaching excellence, collaboration, diversity and inclusiveness, and those who embrace our mission to educate leaders who create great economic and social value everywhere. We seek candidates who are eager to engage as educators among a diverse student community.
COLLEGE-WIDE FACULTY REQUIREMENTS: We are looking for an accomplished scholar who:
- Is enthusiastic about teaching mathematics for an entrepreneurially-minded global multi-cultural student audience and who has a successful record of teaching excellence and innovative curriculum development.
- Brings depth in practical expertise with emerging businesses that will add to the classroom experience and intellectual community of the College.
- Will use new technologies and other innovative modes for course delivery.
- Is experienced in working/teaching in ways that will enhance the college's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Will contribute to campus life as an integrated full-time faculty member including scholarship and serving on committees.
- Is a team player, willing to lead and collaborate with faculty from multiple disciplines to design and teach courses in an integrated, cross-disciplinary context.
- Will be a fun, engaging, helpful colleague who is committed to the success of Babson College.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hxqxf3fkscpgw62p
Posted: 29 Aug 2017