Quantitative Research Professionals
Citadel seeks Ph.D. job market candidates, faculty and industry professionals who are entrepreneurial, self-starters and enjoy being in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment to help continue building and growing one of the world's leading global financial institutions. Citadel pursues path-breaking work and handsomely rewards excellence. For the right individual, this opportunity represents an exciting career path in investments research.
Location: Chicago, New York or London
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Play a key role in research in development of quantitative investment strategies based on unique proprietary data sets.
- Conduct research and statistical analyses about securities and commodities.
- Conceptualize valuation strategies, develop and continuously improve upon mathematical models, and help translate algorithms into code.
- Work closely with traders in interpreting valuations and developing next generation models and analytics.
- Evaluate vendors of financial information; evaluate and work with new data sources and analysis packages in developing investment strategies.
- Provide high level technical and investment analytic support to the trade desk.
- Ph.D. in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, IEOR or related fields with demonstrated ability to complete high-level, investments related research.
- Experience in a quantitative role within a trading environment or experience in a position applying advanced quantitative techniques in solving highly complex data intensive problems such as, for example, empirical research performed during or after PhD studies.
- Demonstrated solid empirical skill; comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets.
- Strong mathematical and statistical modeling skills (i.e. time-series and cross-sectional skills) are highly valued.
- Proficient coding skills with experience using statistical packages (e.g. R, Matlab); exposure to scripting (e.g. Python, Perl); C/C++ a plus but not required.
Additional Qualifications may include:
- Demonstrated interest in or knowledge of investments, derivatives, asset pricing, empirical anomalies, macroeconomic analysis and market micro-structure; Experience with equities, convertible arbitrage, fixed income and/or commodities.
- Understanding of the modeling of risk and dynamics of linear and non-linear financial products.
- Good understanding of international accounting rules and familiarity with global market structure.
- Familiarity with portfolio construction analytics and some exposure to quantitative portfolio management.
Research opportunities are available in a variety of groups including:
- Credit invests across the U.S. and European corporate universe, focusing on the relationships between corporate debt, credit derivatives, credit indices and equities. The group's core strategies include Convertible Bond Arbitrage, Relative Value Credit Trading, Credit Index Arbitrage and Capital Structure Arbitrage. The implementation of these strategies integrates structural, statistical and fundamental approaches to investing across the corporate capital structure.
- Quantitative Strategies applies mathematical and statistical models to the financial markets, combining rigorous research and advanced technology to identify and execute on investment opportunities. The team operates globally, seeking to generate alpha by applying systematic strategies across a diverse set of asset classes including equities, sovereign bonds, fixed income, credit, commodities and currencies.
ABOUT CITADEL: Citadel is a worldwide leader in finance that uses next-generation technology and alpha-driven strategies to transform the global economy. We tackle some of the toughest problems in the industry by pushing ourselves to be the best again and again. It's demanding work for the brightest minds, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Here, great ideas can come from anyone. Everyone. You.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please email your Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter and Job Market Paper (if applicable) to: Citadel LLC, CampusPhDRecruiting@citadel.com
Please include Job Code: 39568AFA in the subject line of your email.
Posted: 12 Dec 2016