University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Belk College of Business
Belk Distinguished Professor in Business Analytics
The Belk College of Business at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte invites applications for a full-time, tenured position as the Belk Distinguished Professor in Business Analytics. Business Analytics is broadly defined as the use and analysis of very large/high frequency data sets for business decision making. The successful candidate can have research and teaching interests in any functional area of business including, but not limited to, Marketing, Accounting, Consumer Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Management, or Operations and Supply Chain Management, but must also have a demonstrated teaching and research interest in business analytics. Regardless of the specific research focus, candidates must have an outstanding research record, commensurate with appointment to an endowed professor.
This position has been restructured from Marketing Analytics to Business Analytics. New title and criteria are pending appropriate approvals.
We are seeking a dynamic and collegial individual with an outstanding record of sustained scholarship and teaching excellence. A Ph.D. in business or a closely related field from an accredited school is required. A strong commitment to excellence in high-quality, innovative research and teaching at the undergraduate, graduate, and executive levels, along with a commitment to support the college's mission as a major urban research university is expected. The successful candidate will serve as a liaison between the Charlotte regional business community and the college for programs that address topics related to business analytics.
- Ph.D. in Business or closely related field from an accredited university;
- Record of sustained scholarship consistent with appointment at the rank of associate professor or professor. If appointed at the rank of associate professor, the title will be Belk Distinguished Scholar in Business Analytics. Regardless of academic rank, the candidate must have a record of scholarship and an international reputation consistent with appointment to an endowed position;
- Teaching and research interests in Business Analytics, which is broadly defined as the use and analysis of very large/high frequency data sets for business decision making, as well as in a functional area of business including, but not limited to, Marketing, Accounting, Consumer Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Management, or Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- Demonstrated record of teaching excellence at the undergraduate, graduate and executive levels;
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with students, faculty, alumni, and the local business community;
- Ability and willingness to represent the Belk College to the Charlotte regional business community.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Teaching load and salary will be competitive with such positions at research universities. The starting date is August 2017 and the position is contingent on final budgetary approval. More information about the Belk College of Business is available at http://belkcollege.uncc.edu. If you have any questions concerning this position, please contact Professor Richard Buttimer, Senior Associate Dean, Belk College firstname.lastname@example.org or (704) 687-7695.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Only electronic applications will be accepted, via the University's Human Resources website at https://jobs.uncc.edu. Please attach application letter and vita with your submission. Finalists will be asked to forward official transcripts, letters of reference, and other supportive materials as requested by the search committee. The review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte strives to develop a deep understanding of and respect for diversity among students and colleagues. Therefore, we encourage applications from professionals who can help us achieve this goal. The University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Finalists are subject to educational and criminal background checks. All applications will be considered strictly confidential.
Posted: 4 Nov 2016