University of Denver, Daniels College of Business
Full/Associate Professor and Department Director of the Reiman School of Finance
The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver (DU) invites applications for a tenure-track Full/Associate Professor position in the Reiman School of Finance starting fall 2016.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL: The Reiman School of Finance is an academic unit of the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver in Colorado. DU is the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, with approximately 11,800 students in undergraduate and graduate programs. DU is classified as a Doctoral/Research University with high research activity. The Daniels College of Business is the one of the largest colleges within the University, with 1,700 undergraduate and 800 graduate students. We offer a variety of majors and minors, including two bachelor's degrees, five MBA degree programs and seven specialized master's degrees. Founded in 1908 and continuously accredited by AACSB - International since 1923, we transform lives, organizations and communities through educational experiences, outreach and knowledge creation. We are committed to the principles of multiculturalism, diversity, and inclusive excellence through involvement and participation in university and college wide projects and initiatives. Daniels is proud to be among the top business schools nationally and internationally to receive recognition for its graduate and undergraduate programs from U.S. News & World Report, Bloomberg Businessweek, Financial Times and Forbes.
With over 300 days of sunshine a year, the nation's largest city park system and a thriving business community, a Pew Research Study lists Denver as the #1 city in which people want to live. The Reiman School of Finance merges the disciplines of corporate finance, investments and markets areas. The mission of the Reiman School of Finance is to provide students with an extraordinary finance education that supports lifelong professional achievement. The Finance faculty commits itself to a high quality portfolio of faculty scholarship which includes discovery, integration, application and teaching. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of educational experience for students pursuing the MS in Finance, the MBA in Finance and the BSBA Finance specializations, as well as students involved in the core business courses.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for faculty and research, the Director will have responsibility for the continued development of a distinctive and influential program. The Director will join a cohesive and collaborative council of academic chairs and school directors who help guide the College to achieve its mission. The College seeks a Director who will provide expertise, leadership, external contacts, fundraising abilities, and a strategic focus to a School that educates students for finance positions within the region and throughout the world.
Candidates will possess the requisite personal characteristics and professional experience to provide dynamic leadership and strategic vision to the School. to create distinction and prominence. Specific expectations for the Director include: Refine and realize a vision for the School; inspire and support excellence in teaching and evaluate programmatic outcomes; recruit and retain outstanding faculty; strengthen faculty scholarship and the intellectual climate; recruit and retain outstanding, high-quality, motivated, and engaged students at both the graduate and undergraduate levels; maintain open communications and collaboration; raise the visibility of the College and focus on its key constituencies; and lead the development of new resources. The successful candidate will have responsibilities for teaching and research, as well as service.
- Earned doctorate in finance or related field from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited school.
- Current publication record that demonstrates Academic Qualification standing for AACSB requirements.
- Well-established record in research, teaching, and service as appropriate to the level of associate or full professor.
- Maintenance of AACSB academic qualification through quality scholarship.
- Strong English communication skills (written and oral).
- Active membership in academic and business associations/organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of multiculturalism/diversity/inclusive excellence through involvement and participation in university/division-wide projects and initiatives.
- Experience as a tenured/tenure track professor at an AACSB or EQUIS accredited institution.
- Prior academic leadership and executive experience including: deep knowledge of academe and its teaching, scholarly and governance processes; experience building programs, developing curricula and growing enrollments; skills for success in fiscal and human resource management; fundraising and securing research grants; political acumen, powers of persuasion and authentic personal leadership style to advance the School.
- Five or more years of industry experience or fund raising experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the integration of ethics, social responsibility, and a global focus in teaching, research, and service activities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants must submit a cover letter, CV and a list of three individuals who can serve as telephone references to the University's online application system at the University of Denver website http://www.dujobs.org (only on line applications can be considered). The position is expected to begin September 1, 2017. We are interviewing at the FMAs in Las Vegas. For more information, contact Jack.Strauss@DU.edu. The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Ad File: FENJob16191