China’s Economic Rebalancing: Where is it Heading?
Call For Papers
12-13 January 2017, Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research (HKIMR) will hold its Eighth Annual International Conference on the Chinese Economy in Hong Kong on 12 and 13 January 2017.
The conference is intended to provide a forum for academics, policymakers and business economists to discuss important analytical and policy issues related to the Chinese economy. Past conferences in this series attracted high-quality paper submissions, and were attended by researchers and China watchers from central banks and other institutions across the globe.
TOPICS: The theme of the forthcoming conference is "China's Economic Rebalancing: Where is it Heading?" Possible topics include (but not restricted to):
- Assessment on the progress of economic rebalancing (e.g. service sector developments, investment efficiency, credit and resource allocation, SOEs and other structural reforms)
- Assessment on the effects of economic rebalancing (e.g. on corporate credit risk, banks' asset quality, productivity and potential growth)
- China's financial sector reform and financial market development
- China's changing monetary policy framework and reform of the exchange rate system - Belt and Road initiative and infrastructural financing
- Impact of China's economic rebalancing on the rest of the world
Papers that do not fit into these categories, but that are related to the main theme of the conference, are also welcome.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Interested contributors should submit a draft paper (in a Word or PDF file) to the HKIMR by 14 October 2016 (e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use the contact author's name as the name of the file. The HKIMR will select the conference papers based on originality, analytical rigor, and policy relevance and will contact the authors whose papers have been selected by 18 November 2016.
Presenters from academia will be reimbursed for economy class airfare and accommodation. For further information, please email email@example.com or visit the HKIMR website http://www.hkimr.org
Ad File: ERNAnn16111