The Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA), Ghana
The Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA) is seeking highly qualified and experienced Social/Political Scientists to consolidate and advance its flagship status as a leading policy centre in Ghana and the sub-region.
Senior Social/Political Scientists
JOB DESCRIPTION: IEA's disciplinary focus encapsulates political science, public policy, public administration and political economy including legislative reform, public sector accountability and transparency in managing Ghana's oil and gas revenue. The applicant must be capable of providing research direction and intellectual leadership across these fields, as well as mentor junior research staff and develop organizational capacity.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have significant experience in social/political science as well as fulfill the following requirements:
- A Ph. D in the Social Sciences with a bias in Political Science.
- At least 7 years relevant experience in coordinating policy research, with a track record of publications.
- Experience using a range of quantitative and qualitative techniques to monitor and evaluate large datasets.
- Demonstrable client orientation skills, including the ability to work effectively with the media, development partners, senior government officials and civil society representatives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
REMUNERATION: Attractive package commensurate with experience.
APPLICATIONS/FURTHER INFORMATION: See our website: http://www.ieagh.org/index.php/about/vacancies for further details or email email@example.com
Applications close: 15 June 2012