University of Amsterdam (UvA) Amsterdam Business School
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: The University of Amsterdam (UvA) is a leading international research institution that values, stimulates and rewards excellent research. We have a rich history, the UvA traces its roots back to 1632, when the Golden Age school Athenaeum Illustre was established to train students in trade and philosophy. Today, with more than 30,000 students, 5,000 staff and 250 study programmes (Bachelor's and Master's), many of which are taught in English, and a budget of more than 600 million euros, it is one of the largest comprehensive universities in Europe. It is a member of the League of European Research Universities and also maintains intensive contact with other leading research universities around the world.
Five Full Professors
ABOUT THE BUSINESS SCHOOL The Amsterdam Business School (ABS) is part of the Faculty of Economics and Business of the UvA. We have an international population of over 5,000 students and are located in the centre of Amsterdam. The facilities of the campus are modern and Amsterdam is an excellent place to live where people are friendly, tolerant and at ease with other cultures and languages.
The ABS is an EQUIS-accredited, international business school with a strong research orientation as well as a diverse portfolio of post-graduate and MBA programmes. ABS consists of four academic sections: Strategy & Marketing, Accounting, Finance and HRM-Organisational Behaviour. Because of our ambitious growth strategy ABS is looking for Full Professors across all sections. The objective is to stimulate high profile academic research and to develop specific areas in the business area. The teaching load is competitive and can be concentrated both in time and in preparations. The UvA is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS: We have openings for Five Full Professors at our Amsterdam Business School for 38 hours per week.
1. Full Professor of Strategy/International Business - vacancy number W12-164
2. Full Professor of Marketing - vacancy number W12-165
3. Full Professor of Financial Accounting - vacancy number W12-166
4. Full Professor of Asset Pricing - vacancy number W12-167
5. Full Professor of Organisational and Behavioural Change - vacancy number W12-168
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: We seek to appoint outstanding scholars with a distinguished international research record, who have an active research agenda, and are willing to supervise junior researchers in order to help build the ABS further into an even more internationally recognized research school. The candidates will also participate in teaching our international student population.
In addition to demonstrating academic leadership within the section in order to further stimulate the research and teaching in the section, the candidates are expected to contribute to the everyday life of the Amsterdam Business School and engage in public dialogues.
The persons we are seeking will have:
- a PhD;
- an international reputation based on the cumulative influence of high-impact publications;
- a central position in international networks in the fields of management/business/finance, such as leadership roles in academic societies, and/or editorial positions in internationally refereed academic journals;
- a record of successful supervision of PhD students;
- evidence of ability to attract research funding;
- outstanding performance as a teacher at undergraduate, graduate and executive levels;
- the ability to teach in English;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- high quality management, leadership and administrative competencies;
- ability to offer guidance and support to junior colleagues in both research and teaching;
- evidence of a contribution to developing links between business and academia.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Further information can be obtained from:
- Strategy & Marketing: Dr. Jan-Willem Stoelhorst (+31 (0)20 525 5689, J.W.Stoelhorst@uva.nl)
- Accounting: Dr.ir. Sander van Triest (+31 (0)20 525 4163, S.P.vanTriest@uva.nl)
- Finance: dr. Jeroen Ligterink (+31 (0)20 525 4261, J.E.Ligterink@uva.nl)
- HRM-OB: Prof.dr. Deanne den Hartog (+31 (0)20 525 5287, D.N.denHartog@uva.nl)
APPOINTMENT: The professorial positions are tenured and the compensation package is competitive. Favourable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch applicants.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: The closing date for applications is November 1, 2012. Applicants should submit a CV, research papers and three reference letters to Personnel Department, Faculty of Economics and Business, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the vacancy number.
No agencies please.
Refer to Amsterdam Business School: http://www.abs.uva.nl/abshome/home.cfm, ABS-sections: http://www.abs.uva.nl/expertise