Call for Papers
23 - 24 May, Dauphine Universite, Paris
EFMD 2013 Higher Education Research Conference
Theme: Purpose, Performance and Impact of Higher Education Institutions
With this conference, EFMD aims to facilitate research and dialogue on topics related to HEIs and business schools in transition by bringing together academics from management, higher education and other fields. While any submission in the area of higher education is welcomed, we particularly invite the submission of research work exploring the changing contexts for higher education and how HEIs (and especially business and management schools) are responding to these challenges.
SUGGESTED TOPICS: Examples are:
Leadership of HEIs and business schools
Measurement and determinants of performance of HEIs and business schools
Impact of HEIs and business schools (economic, political, social, cultural)
Innovation, entrepreneurship and entrepreneurialism in HEIs and business schools
Mergers and strategic alliances of HEIs and business schools
Role of HEIs and business schools in fostering sustainability and social responsibility
The best papers will be considered for publication in a specially edited conference volume
- Authors are initially requested to submit a 2-page synopsis of their paper (alternatively the completed paper if already available).
All submissions and uploads will be done using the Scholar One system that will start in the 1st week of November 2012. Please note that we do not accept any submissions via emailing. The deadline for submission is on 15 January 2013.
- The synopsis should indicate the key theoretical and empirical questions addressed in the paper, the conceptual field(s) informing the paper, if applicable the data set used in the paper and the major theoretical and empirical contributions of the paper.
- All submissions must be original and should not have been previously accepted for publication.
- Though submissions relating to the major theme of the conference are encouraged, papers can deal with any other issue related to the broad topic of higher education, ideally with relevance for business schools.
All submissions will be subjected to a double-blind review process on the basis of originality, rigour and relevance with members of the Programme Committee serving as reviewers. No author information or other identifying information should appear anywhere in the manuscript (including the title page). All authors will be informed about the outcome of the review process in February 2013.
- Authors of selected papers are requested to upload the completed papers by 30 April 2013 and their presentation slides by 15 May 2013. At least one author of each paper must register for the conference and present the paper.
KEYNOTE SPEAKERS: We are inviting two distinguished scholars to deliver keynote presentations to our May 2013 conference. In due course we will announce the names of these scholars and the titles of their presentations.
CONFERENCE ORGANISING COMMITTEE:
Jean-Pierre HELFER, Professor of Marketing, IAE Paris & Former Dean, Audencia Nantes Ecole de Management, France
Ulrich HOMMEL, Professor of Finance, EBS Business School, Germany &Director, EFMD Research and Surveys Unit
Michel KALIKA, Professor of Management, Universite Paris Dauphine & Former Dean, EM Strasbourg Business School, France
Andrew PETTIGREW, Professor of Strategy and Organisation, Said Business School, University of Oxford, UK,& Chair of the EFMD R&D Steering Committee
EFMD Research & Surveys Unit
Attn: Jocelyne Wang
Phone: +32 2 629 0839
Conference Link: http://www.efmd.org/index.php/research/research/efmd-higher-education-research-conf-2013