University of Detroit Mercy
University of Detroit Mercy invites applications and nominations for Dean of the School of Law
Dean of the School of Law
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: The University of Detroit (founded in 1877) and Mercy College of Detroit (founded in 1941) consolidated in 1990 to form the University of Detroit Mercy, Michigan's largest and most comprehensive Catholic university. The University offers more than 100 academic degrees and programs of study across seven different colleges and schools.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL OF LAW: Founded in 1912 and a member of the American Association of Law Schools since 1934, the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law is a Catholic, urban law school that seeks to provide an excellent and dynamic legal education through a curriculum that integrates theory, doctrine, and practice; requires experiential learning; and emphasizes ethics and service to others. The School currently is celebrating its Centennial year.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The University of Detroit Mercy School of Law is seeking an individual who is an inspiring and energetic leader. The Dean will join a dynamic and diverse law school community that is close-knit and highly collegial and that embraces the Jesuit and Mercy devotion to the ethical practice of law and a commitment to the values of social justice. The Dean will have the ability to secure resources that will help guide the School's future; form relationships with a distinguished bench and bar that possess significant ties to the School of law; attract and maintain a growing student body of increasingly high quality and further enhance the School's stature among peer institutions locally and nationally.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Below is a sample of the position requirements:
- A strong academic background, including a juris doctorate from an ABA/AALS-accredited institution;
- Minimum of five years of senior leadership experience;
- Distinguished record of success in legal academia or in the practice of law including private, governmental or non-profit settings;
- Academic and professional credentials that support an appointment as a tenured member of the faculty;
- Senior level management ability in the areas of strategic planning, budgeting and human resource matters; and
- The ability to function and be perceived as a senior leader within the University who works collaboratively with other deans to build interdisciplinary initiatives that leverage the intellectual and financial resources of the University for the benefit of all stakeholders and the communities served.
NOMINATIONS and APPLICATIONS: EFL Associates, an executive search firm, is assisting Detroit Mercy with its search for this important position. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm.
Please consult the Position Profile found at our website ( http://www.eflassociates.com/highereducation) for a detailed list of position responsibilities, required experience/education, and detailed application requirements. To find the profile, click on the link for "Open Positions" and then "Higher Education". Nominations and applications will be held in confidence.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Submit all applications and supporting materials electronically to: https://highereddecisions.com/efl/emp_apply_login.asp
The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a culturally diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all races and backgrounds. Confidential inquiries, questions and nominations may be directed to:
Ms. Jan M. Asnicar, Vice President
Higher Education Practice, EFL Associates