University of Sydney, Sydney Law School
- Work with internationally renowned colleagues at Sydney Law School
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Regulation of Investment and Financial Markets (Reference No. 1114/0712)
- Progressive and globally focused law school
- Full-time continuing appointment
Sydney Law School is the premier global law school in Australia, preparing law graduates for national, transnational and international legal careers. The special strengths of our law school are our high calibre student body, internationally recognised academic staff, the high quality of our research and teaching, and the invaluable contribution made by our alumni and the legal profession. We also attract the largest cohort of doctoral and other higher degree research students in Australia.
JOB DESCRIPTION: As a specialist in regulation of investment and financial markets this is your opportunity to:
- teach students at all levels
- build upon the school's international and comparative law focus and develop your specialist area of research
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Your success in this position will arise from your:
- possession of a law degree combined with specialist knowledge and experience in regulation of investment and financial markets
- capacity for original legal research and publication of your research in refereed journals, books and reports
- talent for effective teaching within the core curricula and postgraduate programs
- leadership in developing research teams in specialists areas
- creativity and initiative in building a global law school
ABOUT THE LAW SCHOOL: Sydney Law School is in a magnificent building on the University's Camperdown Campus providing exceptional teaching and research facilities, moot court, and library, all supported by state-of-the-art technology. We can also offer you many opportunities for international study, teaching and collaboration as part of our staff exchange programs with leading universities in the US, Europe and Asia.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit: http://sydney.edu.au/positions and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 25 October 2012 (11.30pm)
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups and women are encouraged.