University of Luxembourg Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for a Doctoral candidate (PhD student in law (M/F) with a specialization in criminal law, Ref: F2-050008 (to be mentioned in all correspondence) - 3-year fixed-term contract, renewable once (up to a total of 4 years maximum), 40h/week - employee AND student status.
Doctoral Candidate (PhD Student) in Law
The doctoral candidate will be part of the Research unit in Law and is expected to contribute to research projects in the field of the criminal law and more particularly the European business criminal law.
- The assistant's main task will consist in preparing a doctoral thesis in criminal law, more specially, in business criminal law in a perspective of European law or comparative law, under the direction of Professor Stefan Braum. The thesis has to be done at the University of Luxembourg but can be part of a joint supervision with another university.
- Contribute to the teaching of classes ranging from one to three hours per week, of small group teachings and tutorials.
- Master degree in Law.
- Linguistic profile allowing to evolve in a multilingual context: perfect control of at least two of three working languages (French, English, German) indispensable. Most of the lessons of Bachelor in Law and Master in Law, specialisation in European business criminal law are taught in French and in English, the candidate must be able to teach in these languages.
- Like the teamwork.
- Personal work space at the University (full-time contract requires the assistant to work at the University premises).
- Competitive compensation.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications should be submitted online - http://emea3.mrted.ly/22lj , before September 3, 2012 and must include the following:
- A motivation letter.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with list of publications and copies thereof, if applicable.
- A transcript of concluded university studies.
- The name, current position and relationship to the applicant, of one referee.
- A project proposal for the intended doctoral thesis.
FURTHER INFORMATION: For more information concerning this position, please contact Professor Stefan Braum: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.