University of Luxembourg, Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for 1 Post-doc in European Law (M/F) - Ref: F2-070019 (to be mentioned in all correspondence) 2-year contract, 40h/week, renewable for a maximum of 60 months.
Post-doc in European Law
MISSION: Under the direction of Professor Jorg Gerkrath
- Realize researches in the field of European Law.
- Publication of articles in scientific reviews and contributions to conferences.
- Assist and mentor PhD candidates.
- Assist with teaching activities, one to three hours a week and contribute to tutoring students.
- PhD in European, Public or Comparative Law, preferably with a specialization in E.U. law and/or ECHR law.
- Excellent knowledge of European Law and be able to autonomously conduct research at a post-doctoral level.
- Have the llinguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in either English or French, good understanding of the second language and possibly a third language (particularly German) will be considered an advantage.
- Personal work space at the University (full-time contract requires to work on the University's premises).
- Attractive remuneration.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications can be submitted in French or in English and must include the following:
- An application letter.
- A copy of the PhD diploma.
- A detailed curriculum vitae with a complete bibliography of the applicant's published works.
- A description (+/- 6000 characters) of the scientific work the applicant is interested in pursuing.
- The name, current position, and relation to the applicant of the two persons cited as reference.
- Copy of the publications that the applicant deems most relevant to his/her research work.
Please apply online before May 31st, 2012.
APPLICATIONS/FURTHER INFORMATION: For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.