Call for Papers 2013
The Journal of Philosophy of International Law (JPIL) is a peer reviewed (and currently an open source Journal) published by ElectronicPublications.Org Ltd-a publisher with no institutional affiliation. The JPIL's sister publications are the Manchester Journal of International Economic Law and the Journal of Islamic State Practices in International Law. The JPIL is being re-launched and will be published twice a year (May and November).
Journal of Philosophy of International Law (JPIL)
AIM: The Journal has a distinguished Advisory Board and its aim is to scholarly platform for the philosophy of international law. The aims of the JPIL are to promote:
- Critical examination of and legal reflection on the foundations of International Law.
- Philosophical analysis and critique of the nature legal order or any aspect thereof.
The areas that might be covered by these aims include, but are not confined to the following:
- Historical enquiry into International Law for philosophical purposes, or intellectual history as related to the foundations and development of International Law.
- Ethical issues in International Law or the uses of International Law for ethical debate.
- Ontological questions of the existence of International Law and the nature of the reality it attempts to regulate such as states, humanity and world society.
- Epistemological questions of an interdisciplinary nature and enquiry into the limits of disciplinary approaches such as positivism in International Law.
GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS: The Journal welcomes submission or articles and reviews for consideration with a view to publication. The normal word length for article contributions is between 4000-8000 words. The normal word length for article contributions should be 1000 to 1500 words. Submissions except reviews should include a short abstract of not more than 60 words. The style guide for references is Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA).
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Editorial correspondence, including submissions to the Journal should made electronically to the Journal, should be to the Editor-in-Chief at JPILemail@example.com