Call for Papers
September 21-23, 2012, Arlington, Virginia
TPRC, 40th Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy
TPRC, the 40th Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy, is an annual conference on communication, information and internet policy that convenes international and interdisciplinary researchers and policymakers from academia, industry, government, and nonprofit organizations. Its purpose is to present original research relevant to policy making, share information about areas where research is needed, and engage in discussion on current policy issues. The conference program consists of presentations selected from submitted paper abstracts, student papers, and proposals for panels, tutorials, and demonstrations.
TPRC is now soliciting abstracts of papers, proposals for panels, tutorials and demonstrations, and student papers for presentation at the 2012 conference, to be held September 21-23, 2012 at the George Mason University Law School, in Arlington, Virginia. These presentations should report current theoretical or empirical research relevant to communication and information policy.
TOPICS: Contributions may be from any disciplinary perspective - the sole criterion is research quality. Topic areas in previous conferences have included competition, antitrust, and other market issues; broadband deployment and adoption; spectrum and wireless application policy; media, old and new; intellectual property, technology, and Internet law; privacy, security, identity and trust; governance and institutions; innovation and entrepreneurship; and distributional outcomes and social goals.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Submission opens on March 1, 2012 at: http://www.tprc.org
The deadlines are:
- March 31, 2012: Main conference abstracts, and proposals for panels, tutorials and demonstrations. Acceptances/rejections will be provided by May 31, 2012. Complete papers for accepted abstracts will be due to TPRC on August 15, 2012.
- April 30, 2012: Student papers. The student paper competition requires submission of completed papers rather than abstracts. Acceptances/rejections will be provided by June 30, 2012.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Details about submission requirements and review criteria can be found on these web pages:
- Conference Papers: http://www.tprcweb.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=210
- Panels and Tutorials: http://www.tprcweb.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=211
- Demonstrations: http://www.tprcweb.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=212
- Student Paper Competition: http://www.tprcweb.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=213
The journals Telecommunications Policy and Journal on Information Policy will both invite papers for special issues from this year's conference.
Thank you to our 2012 Sponsors:
Host: George Mason University School of Law
Gold: U.S. Telecom Association; Google
Silver: Time Warner Cable
Bronze: Georgetown U./Communication, Culture & Technology Program; T-Mobile USA, Inc.; Sprint
Academic: The Quello Center for Telecommunication Management and Law at Michigan State University; The Public Policy Research Center at the University of Florida; The Public Utility Research Center at the University of Florida; Syracuse University School of Information Studies; University of Pennsylvania Law School - Center for Technology, Innovation and Competition
Contributing Sponsor: The Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
QUESTIONS: Please address inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org