Call for Papers
Friday, June 15, and Saturday, June 16, 2012, Hong Kong
Charting the New Frontiers of Intellectual Property Protection of Luxury Goods
Submission Deadline: April 20, 2012
The Law and Technology Center at the University of Hong Kong will host a conference entitled "Charting the New Frontiers of Intellectual Property Protection of Luxury Goods." This two-day event will take place at the University of Hong Kong on Friday, June 15, and Saturday, June 16, 2012.
OVERVIEW: The conference aims to explore intellectual property protection of luxury goods from inter-disciplinary perspectives, such as law and economics, cultural studies, psychology, consumerism, and social justice. The context of the conference is very interesting: Hong Kong is an international hub for merchandising luxury goods and China has become the world's largest luxury market. This interdisciplinary conference will feature presentations by a group of leading intellectual property scholars from the USA and Europe and leading practitioners in Hong Kong and mainland China.
SPEAKERS: Confirmed speakers include:
- Barton Beebe, Professor of Law, New York University School of Law
- Sonia Katyal, Joseph M. McLaughlin Professor of Law, Fordham University School of Law
- David Llewelyn, Professor of Intellectual Property Law, King's College London
- Haochen Sun, Assistant Professor of Law, University of Hong Kong
- Uma Suthersanen, Professor in International Intellectual Property Law, School of Law, Queen Mary, University of London
- David Tan, Assistant Professor of Law, National University of Singapore
- Peter Yu, Kern Family Chair in Intellectual Property Law, Drake University Law School
- Diane Zimmerman, Samuel Tilden Professor of Law Emerita, New York University School of Law
We will invite more scholars to speak at the conference.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: If you are interested in participating, please send your paper or abstract to: email@example.com by April 20, 2012. We will make decisions by April 30, 2012.
We will seek to publish the collected conference papers with a leading publisher. We welcome any submissions about intellectual property protection of luxury goods, but prefer those applying inter-disciplinary methods. For any inquiries about the conference, please contact Professor Haochen Sun at firstname.lastname@example.org