AQR Capital Management is seeking Research Associates.
ABOUT AQR: AQR is a global investment firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver concrete, long-term results by looking past market noise to identify and isolate the factors that matter most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. By putting theory into practice, we have become a leader in alternative strategies and an innovator in traditional portfolio management since 1998.
At AQR, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We're determined to know what makes financial markets tick - and we'll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
JOB DESCRIPTION: AQR Capital Management is seeking Research Associates to join our team of professionals to focus on our proprietary strategies related to stock selection and asset allocation. Candidates should be motivated and enthusiastic about implementing new ideas and are expected to be hands on and self-sufficient in conducting all aspects of research projects. The role will involve collaboration with other researchers, portfolio managers, risk managers as well as traders to develop new and improve current investment strategies.
Research Associates will:
- Perform statistical and economic research using financial data to develop new, and improve current investment strategies in collaboration with existing research teams
- Conduct research on various aspects of the implementation of investment strategies such as trading cost models, risk models, optimization, and portfolio construction
- Add features to proprietary research system to implement new research ideas
- Ph.D. candidate from top program with degree in Finance or Economics
- Demonstrated interest in the financial industry
- Experience conducting empirical research and analyzing with large data sets
- Strong background in econometrics (or statistics); knowledge of optimization is preferred
- Experience programming in MATLAB or similar tools; Python experience a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to discuss and explain involved concepts in both verbal and written form
WHO YOU ARE:
- Mature and thoughtful, with the ability to thrive within a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Committed to intellectual integrity, with a high degree of ethics
- Hard- working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, innovative environment
- Well- organized, detail- oriented; able to multi-task and keep track of various deadlines
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit your job market paper and resume to email@example.com