We invite applications for a permanent appointment at Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor Level in the African Institute of Financial Markets and Risk Management (AIFMRM) in the Faculty of Commerce. We seek to appoint teachers and researchers with the aspiration to be academic leaders; and those who are committed to building a recently launched Institute that takes a critical and quantitative approach to the study of financial markets and risk management, and is sponsored and overseen by private sector partners from the South African financial services sector.
The closing date for applications is 06 December 2015. Interviews will take place via skype after the ASSA meetings in early January and flyouts are scheduled from mid-February to mid-March. Appointments are for as soon as is feasible thereafter.
- Expertise in quantitative finance, computational finance, financial risk management, or financial economics;
- An appropriate PhD in financial mathematics, financial economics, risk management, computational science, engineering, or a directly related field.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A record of publications in accordance with the level of Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor;
- Up-to-date knowledge of the international academic literature in their field;
- The ability to contribute to AIFMRM's academic objectives by participating in a collaborative research programme of international quality;
- Teaching experience at the graduate level, including the supervision of master's and/or doctoral students;
- A commitment to innovative teaching.
REMUNERATION: Salaries are dependent on the area of expertise, but are based on UCT's standard COE for a Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor (http://hr.uct.ac.za/benefits/remuneration/coe_ranges/T3_academic). Interested candidates should contact Ms Carmen Ross (email@example.com) for details of the ranges of possible remuneration, additional benefits, cost of living in South Africa and any other pertinent topics.
The relocation policy for appointees can be viewed on http://www.hr.uct.ac.za/hr/staff/relocation
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, please e-mail the documents listed below in a single .zip or .pdf file to Ms Vanessa Hoff at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc)
- Motivational letter,
- Recent sample of your work, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Telephone: +27 21 650 5764 Website: http://www.commerce.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E15210 Closing date: 06 December 2015
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.