Texas A&M University, Mays Business School, Department of Finance
Mays Business School at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, is seeking to employ a Department Head for the Department of Finance to begin preferably in the spring of 2013 but the starting date is negotiable.
Department Head Position
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: The desired qualifications for appointment to the position of Head include:
1. Ph.D. in Finance or a closely related area.
2. Qualifications for the Rank of Professor. Candidates with an exceptional scholarly record will be considered for an endowed position.
3. Significant record of teaching and research in Finance.
4. Ability to provide academic and administrative leadership to the Department.
5. Ability and desire to work effectively with the multiple stakeholders of the Department, College, and Texas A&M University.
The Head of the Department of Finance works with and reports to the Executive Associate Dean of Mays Business School and is responsible for academic and administrative leadership of the Department while fulfilling teaching and research duties as needed.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: An applicant should provide a cover letter and vita that includes: (1) educational achievement, (2) research/publication record, (3) indicators of teaching activity/effectiveness, (4) work and other experience, (5) statement of the applicant's expectations and professional goals, and (6) other data deemed relevant by the applicant. References will be obtained prior to extending an offer, contingent upon the applicant's approval. All applications, nominations, and/or requests for additional information for the position should be directed to James Benjamin, Chair, Search Committee, either by e-mail (email@example.com) or to:
James Benjamin, Head
Department of Accounting
460B Wehner Building, 4353 TAMU
Mays Business School
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4353
Texas A&M University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.