La Trobe Business School
La Trobe Business School aims to be a leader in undergraduate and postgraduate business education, executive education and research. The Department of Finance within La Trobe Business School offers one of the most comprehensive suites of Finance courses in Australia. It hosts many award winning teaching and research staff.
Lecturer in Finance
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are seeking a Finance Academic with a specialisation in Financial Planning to join the growing team in the Department of Finance. The role requires a strong profile in research, and curriculum development and teaching to assist in leading growth at the University. The successful applicant is expected to develop and deliver subjects in the area of Financial Planning.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: The candidate we are seeking will:
- Possess a PhD (or near completion of PhD) in finance or related areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach and develop curriculum for finance discipline, particularly in the area of financial planning.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research conducted and published or otherwise disseminated, relative to opportunity.
- Have high level interpersonal skills - essential to conduct administrative and committee responsibilities; all staff are expected to work within a team in a co-operative and collegial manner.
- Ability to supervise honours and postgraduate students.
Please refer to the individual Position Descriptions for full details of the role and selection criteria.
Closing date: 15th of November 2012
FURTHER INFORMATION: Position Enquiries contact: Head, Department of Finance, Professor Xiangkang Yin +61 (03) 9479 2312
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should include the names and contact details (email address and telephone number) of three referees.
Please visit the La Trobe jobs website to apply - http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries, please contact People and Culture reception on +61 (03) 9479 1365.