Goethe University, Center for Financial Studies (CFS)
The Center for Financial Studies (CFS), located in Goethe University's House of Finance, is a nonprofit research center, funded by contributions from donors and members, as well as by national and international research grants. The CFS conducts independent and internationally-oriented research in important areas of financial and monetary economics. It is also a contributor to policy debates and policy analyses, building upon relevant findings in its research areas. For further information visit our website at http://www.ifk-cfs.de
Post Doc "Trading and Pricing in Financial Markets"
CFS is seeking to fill the position of a POST DOC "Trading and Pricing in Financial Markets" in its new Center of Excellence on Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe ("SAFE"). SAFE is a co-operation between the CFS and Goethe University. More information can be found on http://www.ifk-cfs.de/safe
DESCRIPTION: We are looking for:
- A Post-Doc Researcher with a Ph.D. in Finance or a related field
- The main objective of the Center for Financial Studies' research area "Trading and Pricing in Financial Markets" is to advocate research in the area of trading and exchanges. This includes the analysis of market participants and their behavior, the analysis of market design and trading protocols, the analysis of "downstream services" like clearing and settlement, and the industrial economics of exchanges
- The research area currently plans to embark on several research projects on OTC trading, its determinants and its economic and regulatory implications
- The task of the post-doctoral researcher will be to do research in the above mentioned areas, and to provide administrative support to the research area
- Strong background in finance with a focus on market microstructure
- Past experience with empirical research in finance (preferably market microstructure)
- Good knowledge of econometric methods and the software and IT skills necessary to do empirical research with large data volume
- Very good knowledge of the English language
- Flexibility and team work
WE OFFER: The infrastructure of a modern research institute with excellent contacts to the scientific and financial community. You will be working in a very attractive working environment in the House of Finance at Goethe University and an enthusiastic team of colleagues. Compensation follows the standards of the public services wage agreement of the State of Hesse (TV-H E 13). The employment contract has an initial duration of 18 months due to third party funding with the option of prolongation.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit your application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by adding APPLICATION POST DOC Trading and Pricing in Financial Markets in the subject line of your email. The deadline for the submission is 31 October 2012.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Should you have any questions please contact Prof. Dr. Erik Theissen at: email@example.com