Alvarez & Marsal (A&M)
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
Position in Economics Group
The Economics unit of Alvarez & Marsal's Global Forensic and Disputes Group ("GFD") is seeking a new member for its team in San Francisco or New York. GFD's Economics group provides expert guidance, analysis, and testimony in complex economic litigation.
- Develop analytical strategies and work plans in an environment of ambiguity and incomplete information
- Conduct rigorous subject-matter and academic research and empirical analyses
- Manage teams of analysts, provide feedback and mentorship, monitor and control quality
- Draft reports and communicate results of analysis to clients in a clear, non-technical manner
- Contribute to the growth and development of the practice through client engagement, marketing, and training
- PhD degree (or ABD with completion expected by June 2013) in economics, ideally with specialization in industrial organization, financial economics, or applied microeconomics. Proficiency with advanced analytical, econometric and statistical techniques is essential
- Ability to work with technical software (e.g. Matlab, Stata) and large databases (e.g. SAS, SQL)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
APPLICATIONS/FURTHER INFORMATION: Email for Applications/more information: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please fill subject with "Econapplicant".)
Deadline for Application: 12/01/2012
Compensation will be competitive.This is a full time position, and initial interviews will take place in San Diego.
Alvarez & Marsal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.