University of Luxembourg Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for a Professor of Finance, with specialisation in Financial Economics (M/F), Ref: F2-100016 (to be mentioned in all correspondence).
Professor of Finance
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsibilities include conducting research as well as teaching and tutoring students at Bachelor, Master and Doctoral levels. The successful candidate will be expected to represent the Luxembourg School of Finance and the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance to other universities and to the outside world in general. He/she will also carry committee and administrative responsibilities, for instance relating to research, master theses and doctoral dissertations.
The successful candidate will join the research team of the LSF and cooperate with other researchers in the general field of finance. He/she will produce research and supervise research projects in the sub-discipline of financial economics. This sub-discipline applies analytical tools from economics to financial markets and decisions. Within the general sub-discipline there is a preference to appoint an empirically oriented researcher.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Information about the position can be obtained from Professor Christian Wolff, Director of the Luxembourg School of Finance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A PhD in Finance or related discipline;
- A significant record of publications in internationally recognised, peer-reviewed journals;
- Experience with and aptitude for teaching and research at the highest level;
- Capability to work in a multilingual environment. Important languages are English, French and German.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications should be submitted in English with the following documents:
- The application form (on demand to email@example.com);
- A motivation letter;
- A copy of the diploma of doctorate;
- A detailed curriculum vitae with a list of publications of the candidate;
- A copy of the three publications that the candidate considers as most representative of his or her research activity;
- A list of three references with their name, address and present position. Please indicate their relationship to you.
Applicants should send their complete application package in both printed and electronic forms to the following address before August 31st, 2012:
Professor Andre Prum
Dean of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance
University of Luxembourg
162 A, avenue de la Faiencerie
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence. The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.