This is an opportunity to work with iShares; the world’s most comprehensive family of exchanged traded products, with more than 400 exchange traded funds and notes offered globally.
Researcher, Global Investment Research Group, iShares-121236
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated individual to join the Global Investment Research group within iShares. The broad agenda of the group includes research across a range of topics from ETF market microstructure and ETF design trade-offs to macroeconomic investment strategy and includes the delivery of investment solutions consulting for iShares’ key clients. In addition, the Global Investment Research group is jointly responsible, in collaboration with the Global Investment Strategy group, for the iShares Model Portfolio Solutions effort to develop and manage model portfolios across a range of applications from tactical asset allocation to strategic and outcome-oriented engineered portfolios.
The successful candidate will be closely involved in the research and development of global cross-asset class investment models to support the team’s broad goal of building a wide range of investment capabilities around the firm’s ETF platform, including the team’s model portfolio and strategy efforts and client solutions/consulting effort. The successful candidate is passionately interested in investing: from a keen understanding of broad market dynamics to the researching and testing of specific investment ideas, including implementation questions ranging from trading and portfolio construction issues to the effect that the regulatory environment has on market behavior. This candidate has considerable experience and success in this approach to investment research. This candidate approaches all new ideas with an open mind, and a reliance on a systematic and scientific research process.
- Ability to gather, maintain and analyze economic and financial data in support of the broad team’s research efforts.
- Ability to conduct macroeconomic and asset-class modeling to drive investment strategy. Ability to conduct market structure, market behavior and portfolio implementation research. A particular focus and interest on fixed-income markets and instruments is desirable.
- Build relationships with other teams supporting the investment data and research process. Closely partner with multiple teams across the organization (trading research, capital markets research, etc) in the execution of joint research work
- 3+ years work experience in portfolio management or investment research area of a financial firm. Experience in an economics-focused group such as an economics think tank, governmental agency (e.g., the Federal Reserve), or sell-side team of economists is a plus.
- Excellent quantitative skills, as evidenced by formal training in econometrics or statistics, and extensive experience in utilizing those skills in an applied research environment. BA/BS in quantitative, finance or economics discipline, MBA/MS and/or CFA desirable.
- A great “nose” for investment ideas, and a strong understanding of financial markets, including drivers of return, risk control and portfolio construction techniques.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal. The successful candidate must have the confidence and credibility to persuasively interact with colleagues, management, and clients.
- Strong understanding of the use of computer technology in financial and economic research, with strong programming skills.
- Strong understanding of data available in the investment management industry and experience in managing and accessing such data to support research efforts.
- Ability to work efficiently and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment and trading dimensions. This will include end-to-end research project work under from data gathering to hypothesis testing and model implementation.
ABOUT BLACKROCK: BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerM/F/D/V. BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares ETFs.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Candidates can apply by emailing their resumes to Stephen.Wells@blackrock.com and referring to the posting as “Researcher, Global Investment Research Group, iShares-121236”. Alternatively, candidates can go to http://www.blackrock.com, click on careers, search for the position there, and then apply for the position online.