This is an opportunity to work with iShares; the world’s most comprehensive family of exchanged traded products, with more than 400 exchange traded funds and notes offered globally.
Portfolio Manager, Global Investment Research Group, iShares-121216
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated individual to join the Global Investment Research group within iShares. The broad agenda of the group includes research across a range of topics from ETF market microstructure and ETF design trade-offs to macroeconomic investment strategy and includes the delivery of investment solutions consulting for iShares’ key clients. In addition, the Global Investment Research group is jointly responsible, in collaboration with the Global Investment Strategy group, for the iShares Model Portfolio Solutions effort to develop and manage model portfolios across a range of applications from tactical asset allocation to strategic and outcome-oriented engineered portfolios.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The role will with part of the Model Portfolio Solutions team, with a focus on the day-to-day monitoring and management of the team’s model portfolios. The successful candidate will possess an inquisitive mind and have a keen interest in the systematic analysis and modeling of macroeconomic and market behavior. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, work independently, and be resourceful self-starter. This is a full-time position, based in San Francisco.
- Monitoring the team’s model portfolio positions as well as factors driving them, closely following the news
flow of individual model constituents with particular focus on aggregate dynamics at the country, sector
and asset class levels.
- Close partnership with the broader strategy and research groups to ensure the team's overall investment
outlook is appropriately reflected in model positioning.
- Assessing and writing trade, portfolio positioning and performance commentaries and notes, with a focus
on the macroeconomic factors that drove performance.
- Ability to independently conduct analysis of economic and financial data using quantitative software tools
in support of the broad team’s research efforts.
- Close collaboration with the team’s researchers and strategists to insure that the day-to-day behavior of the models is incorporated into the ongoing model research agenda.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative subject, MS / MBA / CFA a plus
- Experience as an analyst, researcher or portfolio manager in the buy- or sell-side, preferably in a global macro role
- Excellent quantitative skills, as evidenced by formal training in econometrics or statistics, and extensive experience in utilizing those skills in an applied research environment. BA/BS in quantitative, finance or economics discipline, MBA/MS and/or CFA desirable.
- Strong understanding of the use of computer technology in financial research, with strong programming skills. (e.g. Matlab or R, SAS, SQL, Unix scripting such as bash, awk & sed, PERL).
- Experience in multiple asset classes a plus
- Must have 3-5 years work experience in a relevant role and be able to demonstrate significant previous success in similar roles.
ABOUT BLACKROCK: BlackRock is proud to be an E-Verify & Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerM/F/D/V. BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions from rigorous fundamental and active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares ETFs.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Candidates can apply by emailing their resumes to Stephen.Wells@blackrock.com and referring to the posting as “Portfolio Manager, Global Investment Research Group, iShares-121216”. Alternatively, candidates can go to http://www.blackrock.com, click on careers, search for the position there, and then apply for the position online.