Tsinghua University, PBC School of Finance
The PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University invites applications for the positions of full professor, associated professor and assistant Professor in Finance.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL: The predecessor of the PBC School of Finance was the Graduate School of the People's Bank of China established in 1981 by the People's Bank of China. The Graduate School was famous for its well-respected reputation, highly-qualified graduates and active interactions with the financial industry sectors.
Approved by the Ministry of Education, the collaboration between the People's Bank of China and the leading Chinese University, Tsinghua University, established the PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University on the 29th of March, 2012.
Inheriting the glory of the Graduate School and utilizing the strong education foundation of Tsinghua University, the PBC School of Finance is committed to build itself into a world-class financial institute, cultivating professional talents for financial sectors, and providing policy advice for the government. The school calls for significant growth in the number of high quality faculty members.
- With a Ph.D. in finance or economics (at the rank of associate or full professor), the successful candidate will have demonstrated his/her ability to produce high quality research.
- The candidates will be expected to have a track record of publications in top 10 academic journals and be capable to conduct high-level conferences on relevant subjects in Finance.
- In addition, applicants for the positions of assistant professor, the successful candidate may have obtained a Ph.D. degree or are very close to completion of one, and may also have works on route to be published in such journals.
- The school also values teaching as an essential and critical component of educational activities. Successful applications will have provided his/her teaching record and demonstrated desirable capability of contributing in that regard with a senior-level trial lecture.
- Applicants with distinctive experience in the financial industry, (typically holding a head of research position) are also encouraged to apply. Preferences will be given to those with professional designations and practical experience in finance.
SALARIES: In general, the school offers competitive salaries with benefit packages attached.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: All applicants are required to electronically submit the following supporting documents (pdf) via E-mail: cover letter; a copy of curriculum vita; evidence of teaching excellence (e.g. teaching record) up to five representative publications/working papers; and three confidential reference letters.
In addition to the confidential reference letters, the referees should email their reference letters (pdf) directly to the PBC School of Finance. The original reference on headed notepaper may be requested at a later stage of the application process. The school will inform the applicants when such situation arises. Applicants are advised to use his/her referees' academic (university) email addresses wherever possible.
Applicants should use "Position Applied_Name"as the email subject and submit the supporting documents to the following address: email@example.com
FURTHER INFORMATION: For any further information, please follow this link: http://www.pbcsf.tsinghua.edu.cn or contact us during regular office hours at (Tel) +86 10 62798151.