Call for Papers
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, March 8-9, 2013
Fifth UNC Duke Corporate Finance Conference
The University of North Carolina and Duke University are organizing a Corporate Finance Conference designed to bring together leading scholars in the field. The conference will be held in Chapel Hill on Friday/Saturday, March 8-9, 2013, and will feature a keynote address by Professor Luigi Zingales of the University of Chicago. The conference is jointly sponsored by the Wachovia Center for Corporate Finance at the University of North Carolina's Kenan-Flagler Business School and the Center for Financial Excellence at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. Papers in all areas of corporate finance are invited.
PAPER SELECTION PROCEDURE: Papers should be well developed, but at a stage where they can still benefit from the group's discussion. Preference will be given to recent papers that have not previously been presented at major conferences.
ADVISORY COMMITTEE: Papers will be selected by the finance faculty at UNC and Duke in conjunction with an external program advisory committee consisting of:
- Effi Benmelech (Northwestern University)
- Ron Giammarino (University of British Columbia)
- Steven Kaplan (University of Chicago)
- Atif Mian (Princeton University)
- Mitchell Petersen (Northwestern University)
- Michael Weisbach (Ohio State University)
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Please submit an electronic version of the paper (MS Word or PDF format) no later than November 19, 2012, through the conference website: http://faculty.fuqua.duke.edu/corpfinance
Paper selection will be finalized by January 15, 2013.
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE: For any additional questions please contact one of the conference organizers:
- Simon Gervais (Duke, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paige Ouimet (UNC, Paige_Ouimet@kenan-flagler.unc.edu)
- Geoffrey Tate (UNC, Geoffrey_Tate@kenan-flagler.unc.edu)
- Ming Yang (Duke, email@example.com)