Call for Exclusive Book Chapters
"Corporate Governance in Emerging Markets: Theories, Practices and Cases"
To be published by Springer Verlag, 2013
Sabri Boubaker, Groupe ESC Troyes en Champagne, France
Duc Khuong Nguyen, ISC Paris School of Management, France
BOOK'S DESCRIPTION: Emerging markets are rapid growth economies that have undertaken a wide range of social, political and economic reforms to put their countries on more sustainable footing. They are now considered more than ever before as important players in the world economy. The growth spread between emerging and developed countries has changed the way investors worldwide manage their portfolios, as well as accelerated partnerships with emerging markets firms and speeded up the relocation/delocalization wave.
Despite the growing importance of these economies, research on corporate governance in these countries remains scanty and sparse. This nascent research field needs to be supplemented by studies on corporate governance in emerging markets at both country- as well as firm-level. This edited book is intended to provide readers with a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of governance practices in emerging markets.
TOPICS: We cordially invite the potential authors to contribute to this edited volume. Possible chapters on emerging market corporate governance might cover, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Lessons from twenty years of research on corporate governance
- Ownership structure in listed and unlisted firms
- Board of directors and board committees
- CEO characteristics and executive compensation
- The role of institutional investors and financial institutions in corporate governance
- The effect of corporate governance characteristics on firm decisions and performance
- Comparative corporate governance
- Convergence in corporate governance practices
- The one size fits-all approach to corporate governance
- Barriers to effective corporate governance reforms
- Corporate governance as an antidote to corruption
- Codes of "best practices"
- The future of corporate governance in emerging markets: actions and recommendations
PARER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Prospective contributors are invited to submit, before November 30, 2012, a full chapter or a 2-4 page chapter proposal (including a title, an abstract, a tentative outline, and a short biography of the authors), clearly explaining the purpose, scope and contents of their proposed chapters. Please make sure that your chapter is not on any website. Authors will be notified by December 15, 2012 about the status of their proposals. Upon acceptance, authors will have until March 31, 2013 to submit their full chapters. All submitted chapters will go through a blind review process. Authors may be asked to act as reviewers on this project. This chapter-collection book is tentatively scheduled for publishing by the end of 2013 by Springer Verlag.
Deadline for proposal submission: November 30, 2012
Submission of full chapters: March 31, 2013 (early submission is encouraged)
Revised chapters due: May 31, 2013
FURTHER INFORMATION: For inquiries about this call for chapters and manuscript submissions, please contact Dr. Sabri Boubaker ( email@example.com) or Dr. Duc Khuong Nguyen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please put "Book Chapter: Corporate Governance in Emerging Markets" in the subject line.