Call for Papers and Participation
Albuquerque Convention Center, Albuquerque, NM, March 12th through March 16th, 2013
Southwestern Finance Association 52nd Annual Meeting
The 52nd annual meeting of the Southwestern Finance Association will be held at the Albuquerque Convention Center, New Mexico, March 12th through March 16th, 2013. The meeting is held in conjunction with the Federation of Business Disciplines. Research papers covering all aspects of finance and financial education are invited for inclusion on the program. We also invite proposals for panel discussions and tutorials. Academicians, practitioners, and others with an interest in finance are invited to attend and participate in the meeting. Conference hotels will be Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel and Double Tree Hotel Albuquerque. Submission deadline is September 28, 2012.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE:
- Submit research papers and proposals through the online paper submission website; link available on the homepage of the Southwest Finance Association at: http://www.southwesternfinance.org. The updated web site will be available by August 10. Active Southwestern Finance Association membership is required for any paper, proposal or workshop submissions. The link to the association membership is https://ordering.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/Membership
- Research papers should be in PDF format. Completed papers are encouraged and will receive precedence over proposals
- Research proposals must include a clear description of the primary issues, a review of the literature, and description of the data and methodology. Research proposals should be in PDF format and not exceed 6 pages in length
- Panel, tutorial, or workshop proposals may be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Describe the topic under the subject line 2013 SWFA Special Session. Special session submissions must also complete the participation form on the SWFA website
- The deadline for paper submission is September 28, 2012. Your paper/proposal is accepted for presentation at the conference, you also are expected to serve as a discussant or session chair. We also invite others to serve as discussants. A participation form must be completed during the online submission process. Upon receiving notice of acceptance, all participants are required to register for the conference to remain on the program. Authors of all accepted papers will have the option of publishing their papers or abstracts in the 2013 Proceedings of the Southwestern Finance Association. Additional information regarding the 2013 meeting can be obtained from the FBD website at: http://www.fbds.org
AWARDS: Continuing with SWFA's tradition of recognizing research excellence, up to six monetary prizes will be awarded for outstanding papers. Awards are sponsored by the American Association of Individual Investors, McGraw-Hill/Irwin, Wohl Publishing, Market Technician Association and up to three awards are funded by SWFA. Only completed papers are eligible for award consideration.
DOCTORAL STUDENTS: We encourage doctoral students to submit papers and participate in the program. Last two years, over 80 Ph.D. students from more than 20 countries presented their papers at the conference, attended special sessions designed for doctoral students, and networked with colleagues from all over the world. SWFA will provide up to five $500 awards for outstanding doctoral student papers. To help defray conference costs, SWFA also offers a $300 stipend to all doctoral students who fulfill all of the following requirements:
1) Maintain an active membership of the Southwestern Finance Association (register/enroll by February 19, 2013)
2) Register and present an accepted paper at the conference by February 19, 2012 (FBD on-line registration deadline is February 26, 2013)
3) Attend the Doctoral Student Luncheon and the Doctoral Symposium on Thursday, March 14, 2013
4) Attend the SWFA Luncheon Meeting on Friday, March 15, 2013; and
5) Present a letter from their department chair, unit head, or dean certifying their doctoral student status to the VP-Program by February 19, 2012.
Please contact the VP-Program with questions or for additional information.
GENERAL REGISTRATIONS: By paying the FBD registration fee and registering for at least one other organization, you may attend all of the functions of any group, except for meal functions or business meetings. However, if you have more than one presentation for more than one association, you should register for each association in which you present or wish to participate.
CONTACT: Dr. Julia Kwok, Vice-President/Program Chair, Northeastern State University - Broken Arrow, Email: email@example.com