Call for Papers
May 24, 2013, Milan
Banks, Markets and Financial Innovation: Efficiency, Systemic Risks and the Role of Regulation
CONSOB and Bocconi University, through its CAREFIN and "Paolo Baffi" research centers, are organizing a conference on intermediaries, operational and allocative efficiency of markets and financial innovation and their implications for the regulation of securities markets.
TOPICS: The conference will focus on the following issues:
- intermediaries specialization and prudential regulation;
- banks, financial markets and taxation;
- shadow banking system;
- trends and development of asset management;
- market microstructure, trading strategies and their effects on efficiency;
- derivatives markets, counterparty and systemic risks;
- the choice of going public;
- costs and benefits of financial innovation;
- financial innovation and financial education.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Interested authors should submit their paper to the e-mail: email@example.com by January 10, 2013. Papers submitted in a preliminary version may also be considered, provided that the aim of the research, the methodological approach and the main results are clearly outlined.
SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE: Papers will be selected through a refereeing process managed by a scientific committee chaired by prof. Vittorio Conti (CONSOB) and prof. Marco Onado (Bocconi University) and composed by:
- prof. Mario Anolli, Cattolica University
- prof. Marina Brogi, La Sapienza University
- prof. Giuseppe Corvino, Bocconi University
- prof. Tullio Jappelli, Federico II University of Naples
- dott. Nadia Linciano, CONSOB
- prof. Giuseppe Lusignani, Bologna University
- prof. Donato Masciandaro, Bocconi University
- prof. Marcello Messori, "Tor Vergata" University of Rome
- prof. C. Mottura, Roma III University
- prof. Andrea Resti, Bocconi University
- prof. Barbara Rindi, Bocconi University
- prof. Francesco Saita, Bocconi University
- dott. Giovanni Siciliano, CONSOB
Authors will be notified of the outcome of the selection by February 20, 2013. The final version of accepted papers must be received by April 30, 2013.
The conference will be held on May 24, 2013 at Bocconi University premises in Milan.
The final program will be published by the first week of May 2013 on CONSOB and Bocconi University web sites.