Call for Papers
13th to 17th January 2013, Switzerland
European Winter Finance Conference 2013
The eighth annual European Winter Finance Conference will be held in Flims-Laax, Switzerland from the 13th to 17th January 2013. The conference will cover all aspects of finance, with an emphasis on corporate finance.
James Dow, programme chair (London Business School)
Philip Bond (Carlson School of Management - University of Minnesota)
Patrick Bolton (Columbia University)
Michael Cooper (David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah)
Francesca Cornelli (London Business School)
Alexander Guembel (Toulouse School of Economics)
Jungsuk Han (Stockholm School of Economics)
Dirk Hackbarth (University of Illinois)
Florian Heider (European Central Bank)
Michael King, (Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario)
Anastasia Kartasheva (Bank for International Settlements)
Igor Makarov (London Business School)
Gustavo Manso (Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley)
Artur Raviv (Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University)
Ailsa Roell (Columbia University)
Heather Tookes (Yale School of Management)
Vikrant Vig (London Business School)
Martin Weber (University of Mannheim)
- The EWFC is a small informal conference. Participants arrive on Sunday evening of the 13th of January and depart on the morning of Thursday the 17th of January. Sessions take place Monday-Wednesday. The programme allows for eight papers with discussants. Presentations last 45 minutes, with 15 minutes for the discussant and 15 minutes for general discussion. There is an early morning session and a late afternoon session. In addition, there is an informal session where discussants are given the opportunity for a brief presentation of their research.
- The conference programmes from previous years can be viewed at the conference website.
- The conference will take place at the Schweizerhof Flims, Romantik Hotel, Switzerland. This is a small traditional hotel with excellent conference facilities. Space availability limits the size of the conference to 25 participants. Most participants ski, and the conference schedule allows for this.
- The hotel is easily accessible. Trains run every hour from Zurich airport with a transit time of just over two hours. There are also good links to the rail networks of Germany, Italy and other countries.
- Participants cover their own expenses (we may be able to offer partial assistance to a few participants who do not have access to research funding).
PARTICIPATION: If you wish to participate, please visit the website and complete the application form: http://faculty.london.edu/jdow/ewfc.html
The deadline for applications is 15 October 2012. We will reply by 5th November 2012.