Call for Papers
The Journal of Corporate Finance invites papers for a special issue on corporations and the use of derivative securities. Topics of interest include but are not limited to security issues that contain embedded options such as convertible bonds, callable bonds, convertible preferred stock, and warrants, hedging programs, and cash management programs that use derivative securities for investment purposes. The objective of this special issue is to increase our understanding of why corporations use derivative securities.
Journal of Corporate Finance - Special Issue on Corporate Uses of Derivative Securities
TOPICS: We welcome topics on any issue broadly related to the theme. Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Empirical studies on motives for companies to issue convertible securities;
- Theoretical models on why companies issue convertible securities;
- The role of embedded options in capital provision by venture capitalists;
- Theoretical and empirical studies on the call policy of straight bonds, convertible bonds, and convertible preferred shares;
- Convertible bond arbitrage;
- The use of forwards, futures, swaps, and option contracts in managing risk exposure;
- The decision to use of customized, over-the-counter derivative products and/or standardized, exchange traded products by corporate managers;
- The effectiveness of risk-management programs in hedging the intended risks, particularly during the financial crisis;
- Evidence that manages use derivative securities for non-hedging purposes;
- Corporate uses of credit default swaps.
The special issue will be edited by Craig Lewis of Vanderbilt University and Chris Veld of the University of Glasgow.
PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF MANUSCRIPTS: Authors are encouraged to submit their work as soon as it is ready for consideration. Details of the online submission process and instructions to authors can be viewed on the Journal of Corporate Finance website at: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin
Submission deadline: September 30, 2012.