Call For Papers
International Risk Management Conference 2012 - Fifth Edition
"Global Standards for Risk Measurement, Management and Regulation"
Rome, Italy, June 18th - 19th, 2012, Pontificia Universita Lateranense (Piazza S. Giovanni in Laterano)
Host Institution: Italian Deposit Insurance Fund: http://www.irmc.eu
Keynote and featured speakers: Edward Altman (NYU Stern), Zvi Bodie(Boston University - TBC), Robert Engle (NYU Stern), Lars Oxelheim (Lund University), Andrea Sironi (Bocconi University) and Marti Subrahmanyam (NYU Stern).
CONFERENCE PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Full papers for conference must be submitted by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Papers are due by March 31st, 2012 (final draft is allowed).
CONFERENCE MISSION: The conference is organized by NYU Stern Salomon Center, University of Florence and The Risk Banking and Finance Society to be held in association with the Italian Deposit Insurance Fund (FITD), JRC European Commission and IFC World Bank. The mission of the conference is to provide a forum for recent advances in risk management. IRMC2012 aims to present the latest research from the major schools of thought in Corporate Finance, Banking, Insurance, Financial Mathematics, Financial Accounting and a diversity of new econometric approaches to Risk Management.
CONFERENCE TOPICS - "GLOBAL STANDARDS FOR RISK MEASUREMENT, MANAGEMENT AND REGULATION":
- Are today's risk measurement and management tools adequate in the face of global instability?
- Are current financial regulations adequate to restore financial stability?
DEPOSIT INSURANCE SPECIAL TOPICS: Sponsored by European Forum of Deposit Insurers
- How to design an efficient financial safety net (e.g. deposit insurance, insurance guarantees schemes capital regulation, resolution fund)?
- Are current bank risk measures adequate and still valid?
- What are the lessons learned for regulatory rules from the crisis?
ACCEPTED THEMATIC AREAS AND 2012 FOCUS: See: http://www.irmc.eu/default.asp?iId=JKIMM
SPECIAL ISSUE ON FINANCIAL MARKETS INSTITUTIONS AND INSTRUMENTS JOURNAL - NYU SALOMON CENTER AND WILEY: A special issue of the Financial Markets Institutions and Instruments (Executive Editor: Anthony Saunders - NYU Stern) on the theme: "Global Standards for Risk Measurement, Management and Regulation" will be published under the Guest Editorship of Riccardo De Lisa (Host Chair), Francesca Campolongo (JRC) and Oliviero Roggi (Permanent Chair). Papers submitted for this special issue will undergo the normal journal review process. Authors whose papers are accepted for presentation at the conference are encouraged to submit their papers for the FMIIJ special issue. Please quote the conference thematic area and conference topics (listed below) into which the paper falls. A maximum of two papers per person can be submitted to the Scientific Committee.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Full papers for special issue must be submitted by email at the following address: email@example.com. Papers are due by March 31st, 2012.
FURTHER INFORMATION: For more information regarding the professional workshop, conference organization, and persons on scientific committee and conference board members please refer to our website: http://www.irmc.eu
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES:
- Paper acceptance: April 17th, 2012
- Reservation Deadlines: Early Registration: April 21st/Normal
- Registration: May 19th Late Registration until June 19th
- Edward Altman (NYU Stern Salomon Center), Oliviero Roggi (University of Florence and NYU Stern) IRMC Chairmen
- Riccardo De Lisa (Italian Deposit Insurance Fund (FITD) & University of Cagliari) Host institution