Coller Prize for Student Research on Private Equity and Venture Capital
Submit your PhD paper for the Coller Prize competition.
The Coller Institute of Private Equity at London Business School is pleased to announce that it is offering an annual prize for the best PhD paper on a topic relating to venture capital or private equity. The due date for submission of papers is 31st July 2012.
This is the 3rd year that the Coller Institute has awarded the PhD Prize. The prize typically attracts submissions from a broad range of universities from around the world. The 2011 PhD Prize was won by Shai Bernstein of Harvard University for "Do Equity Markets Affect Innovation? Evidence from Initial Public Offerings." The runner-up was Vineet Bhagwat of Northwestern University for "Manager Networks and Success of Venture Capital Syndications."
QUALIFICATIONS: Eligibility criteria and further details for the 2012 prize are below:
- Open to all PhD students globally. All current PhD students and those completing their doctorates in 2012 are eligible;
- The subject matter of the project/report must have a connection or relevance to the private equity/venture capital fields;
- All disciplines are welcome - the prize is not restricted to finance related work;
- Strategy, accounting/valuations and governance are all topics which continue to exert a major impact on practitioners and investors of this asset class;
- The winning student will receive a prize of US$5,000. The winner and runner-up will have the opportunity to present their paper at the award evening.
PRESENTERS: Francesca Cornelli, Professor of Finance, London Business School and Academic Director, Coller Institute of Private Equity will present the prize to the winner and runner-up who will present their work at the Annual Coller Prize Evening at London Business School. This event will take place before an invited audience of School community and industry practitioners, on an evening in autumn 2012.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Please let us know whether you wish your work to be considered for inclusion in this year's awards by 31st July, 2012 by uploading a copy of your submission on our website at http://www.collerinstitute.com/Coller_Prize
FURTHER INFORMATION: Please refer any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org