Call For Papers
The National Employment Savings Trust (NEST), with support from University of Birmingham Business School, is organising a conference on participation and persistency in workplace pension saving, in central London on Wednesday 7 March 2012. We welcome the submission of high quality research contributions in this area.
Conference on "Participation and Persistency in Workplace Pension Saving: Findings and Implications"
ABOUT NEST: The law on workplace pension provision is changing. From 2012, the Government is introducing reforms which mean that employers will have to enrol most of their workers into a workplace pension scheme that meets or exceeds certain government standards. They will also need to make a minimum contribution for many of these workers. NEST has been established by the UK Government to ensure there will be an easy to use, low-cost pension scheme available to all UK employers to help them meet duties of auto-enrollment and employer matched contributions. NEST is especially designed for working people who are new to pension saving and on low to middle incomes. The aim of the conference is to examine insight and evidence from pension and nonpension savings initiatives both in the UK and internationally.
TOPICS: Topics suitable for the conference include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Evidence on participation and persistency in pension and nonpension saving vehicles.
- Insight and evidence on opt-outs in pension and non-pension vehicles.
- Insight and evidence on savings habits in pension and nonpension saving vehicles.
- Evidence on participation and persistency of workers re-enroled into pension and nonpension saving vehicles following their opt-out.
- Methods to best encourage participation and persistency.
- Evidence of barriers to participation and persistency.
- Factors affecting the likelihood of participation in pension saving.
- Factors affecting cessation and low persistency of pension saving.
- Interaction between pension and non-pension saving.
PUBLICATION: We encourage the submission of papers or presentations by researchers and practitioners. Papers submitted for the conference are eligible to be considered for publication on the National Employment Savings Trust website as a conference working paper.
Reimbursement of expenses by the conference organisers will be considered, subject to limitations.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Authors are invited to submit electronically (MS Word or PDF format) a paper or presentation. The first page of the paper should contain the title, name of each author, address, telephone, and E-mail address. All submitted papers must be accompanied by an abstract explaining the contribution of the paper in no more than 100 words.
DEADLINE: The deadline for submissions is 13 February, 2012. Authors will be notified by 17 February, 2012.
CORRESPONDENCE: Address for correspondence and submissions to:
National Employment Savings Trust
St. Dunstan's House
201-211 Borough High Street
London SE1 1JA, UK
Further information: information about the conference and submissions is available from: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org