Call for Papers/Proposals
Chicago, IL, USA - May 23-25, 2012
The 19th Annual Global Finance Conference
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 23, 2012
The Global Finance Association-Conference (GFA-GFC) shall continue its tradition of bringing together scholars, practitioners and policy makers to exchange and advance their scholarly findings. The theme of Conference is "Financial Crises, Systemic Risk & the Future of Capitalism."
DePaul University is the host and Dr. Karim Pakravan shall serve as the 2012 GFC Program co-Chair.
CATEGORIES: Individuals can submit papers or proposals electronically by January 23, 2012 in four (4) categories:
1. Competitive Papers: Complete paper submitted by deadline; considered the Best Paper Awards.
2. Work-in-Progress: Abstract submitted by the deadline; paper is to be completed by Conference date.
3. Proposal for Panel, Workshop, Tutorial.
4. Doctoral Students Papers: One of the top awards is for this category.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Please submit your paper or proposal electronically via the Global Finance Conference website. The first page shall contain the title, track identification and authors' name, affiliation, address, e-mail, phone, and fax. The body of the paper shall not have any author identification and must begin with the paper title and abstract. All entries will be refereed through a double-blind review process. Authors of accepted papers may submit a two-page detailed abstract for the 2012 GFC e-proceedings.
The top six (6) papers presented at the Conference would be awarded on a competitive basis and would be considered for publication in a Special Issue of the Global Finance Journal.
- Asset Allocation/Country/Hedge Funds/ETFs
- Banking/Financial Services/Investment Banking
- Behavioral Finance
- Country Risk/Debt Issues/Insurance/Reinsurance
- Corporate Governance/Executive Compensation
- Education/Curriculum/Distance Learning
- Entrepreneurship/Venture Capital
- Emerging Markets & Privatization
- Ethics/Social Responsibility/Legal Issues
- Financial Accounting, Regulation & Taxation
- Financial Crises: Causes, Impacts, Solutions
- Derivatives/Financial Engineering/Structured Finance
- Financial Information Technology-Systems (FITS)
- Foreign Currency Issues - Euro Zone Crisis
- Global Imbalances & Sustainability
- Interest-Free/Islamic Banking & Finance
- Market Behavior Efficiency/Inefficiency
- Multinational Financial Management
- Sovereign Debt - Euro Zone Financial Crisis
- Market Integration and Interest Rates
- The Future of Capitalism
- Volatility Transmission & Risk Management
- Valuation/Pricing/EVA & MVA
- Working Capital & Treasury Management
Dr. Karim Pakravan
GFC 2012 Program Co-Chair
Dr. Manuchehr Shahrokhi
Executive Director, GFA-GFC
Professor of Finance
California State University - Fresno