The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for 1 Post-doc in Economics (M/F) Ref: F2-090005 (to be mentioned in all correspondence) 2-year contract, 40h/week.
MISSION: Under the direction of Professor P.M. Picard:
- Realize researches in the field of International Economics, Industrial Organization, Regional Economics and Urban Economics (a focus on issues of product quality or migration is a plus)
- Publication of articles in scientific reviews and contributions to conferences
- Assist and mentor PhD candidates
- Assist with teaching activities, one to three hours a week and contribute to tutoring students
FURTHER INFORMATION: For further information please contact Elisa FERREIRA, Elisa.FERREIRA@uni.lu
- PhD in Economics with a specialization in International Economics, Regional Economics, Urban Economics or Industrial Organization
- Theoretical and empirical skills required
- Able to autonomously conduct research at a post-doctoral level
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: fluency in English, good understanding of the second language (French) and possibly a third language (particularly German) will be considered an advantage
- Personal work space at the University (full-time contract requires to work on the University's premises)
- Attractive remuneration
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications can be submitted in French or in English and must include the following:
- An application letter
- A copy of the PhD diploma
- A detailed curriculum vitae with a complete bibliography of the applicant's published works
- A description (+/- 6000 characters) of the scientific work the applicant is interested in pursuing
- The contact information for two reference persons and the relation with the applicant
- Copy of the publications that the applicant deems most relevant to his/her research work
Please apply online before 1 May 2016.
Applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.