The Bank of Canada invites applications for a PhD Internship.
Closing Date: September 30, 2016
ELIGIBILITY: Candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents and should have recently passed their core and field examination and expect to complete their PhD thesis by 2018.
COMPENSATION: The internship offers a compensation of $5,166 per month.
TAKE A CENTRAL ROLE AT THE BANK OF CANADA: Canada's central bank is the nation's pre-eminent macroeconomic policy institution. No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very centre of Canada's economy, in an organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. No matter what your area of expertise, you'll enjoy an open culture and a superior work environment that will challenge, energize, and motivate you to excel.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The timing of the internship is flexible. You will spend two to four months pursuing your dissertation as well as presenting and promoting your research. As part of this environment, you will find a wealth of opportunities to grow and build your professional expertise and network with fellow researchers who work at the Bank as well as external leading academics who regularly visit. During your internship, you may also have an opportunity to access the Bank's data sets.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Your application will be evaluated against the key requirements listed below. You must submit a cover letter which demonstrates how your research interests are relevant to the Bank, your curriculum vitae, an extended abstract or an early draft of at least one paper or chapter from your thesis and a letter of recommendation from your advisor supporting your application.
- language skills: English or French essential
- writing skills: the ability to produce effective written documents
- research skills: ability to analyze complex economic and financial information, using empirical and/or modelling skills
- Research interest in one or more of the following areas:
Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
Banking and Payment Systems
Global Commodity Markets
Financial Markets and Institutions
Labour and Demographic Economics
Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
Law and Economics
- Other research papers
- Experience in presenting research at conferences, events and meetings
- Condition of employment: Candidates must be eligible for reliability status.
- No relocation assistance will be provided.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The Bank of Canada benefits from the unique perspectives, attributes and talents of its diverse workforce. We offer flexibility to accommodate the needs of our employees and candidates. The Bank of Canada is committed to employment equity and actively encourages applications from qualified men and women, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, visit http://www.bankofcanada.ca/careers
Your thesis advisor must submit their letter of recommendation by email to email@example.com
We will ask you to complete a mandatory questionnaire during the application process.