AQR Capital Management
AQR Capital Management is seeking Research Associates to join our team of professionals to focus on our proprietary strategies related to stock selection and asset allocation. Candidates should be ambitious, quantitative, and enthusiastic about implementing new ideas and are expected to be hands on and self sufficient in conducting all aspects of research projects. The role will involve collaboration with other researchers, portfolio managers, risk managers as well as traders to develop new and improve current investment strategies.
- Perform statistical and economic research on financial data to develop new, and improve current investment strategies in collaboration with existing research team
- Conduct research on various aspects of implementation of investment strategies such as trading cost models, risk models, optimization, and portfolio construction
- Add features to proprietary research system to implement new research ideas
- Conduct analysis related to ongoing portfolio monitoring and performance attribution
- Ph.D. candidate from top program with degree in Finance or Economics
- Demonstrated interest in financial industry
- Experience doing empirical research and working with large data sets related to financial data
- A strong background in econometrics (or statistics) and knowledge of optimization
- Experience programming in MATLAB or similar tools; Python experience a plus
- Strong presentation skills and ability to discuss and explain involved concepts in finance and mathematics in both verbal and written form
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for research, hard work, and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
ABOUT AQR CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: Founded in 1998 and led by Cliff Asness, AQR Capital Management, LLC is an investment management firm employing a disciplined multi-asset, global research process. AQR's diversified offerings range from traditional benchmark-oriented long-only strategies to absolute return alternative strategies. In the alternative space, AQR has continued to develop innovative strategies, including a risk parity strategy (launched in 2006) and a hedge fund risk premium strategy (launched in 2008). We believe our insight from managing alternative strategies directly enhances our ability to attract and retain staff and provide cutting edge thinking to our investment processes, both in traditional and alternative investments.
AQR believes that a systematic and disciplined process is essential to achieving long-term success in investment and risk management. In addition, models must be based on solid economic principles, not simply built to fit the past, and must contain as much common sense as they do statistical firepower. The principals of the firm have been pursuing this research since the late 1980s, and have been implementing this research in one form or another since the early 1990s. The research of AQR's principals is internationally recognized and has resulted in numerous published papers in a variety of professional journals since 1991.
AQR offers a professional culture that is entrepreneurial and team-oriented where a priority is placed on innovation and creativity. Those with talent and drive are offered a vast array of opportunities to hone their skills and tackle new challenges as they take on ever-greater responsibility.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: AQR will be conducting interviews at the AFA Conference in San Diego, CA on January 4-5, 2013. Please include any references and job market papers with your resume submission. The application deadline is Friday, December 14, 2012. If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include 'AFA Conference Candidate' in the subject line. We only contact those candidates we are interested in moving forward with.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.