The International Food Policy Research Institute
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Postdoctoral Fellow in its Markets, Trade and Institutions Division. This is a two-year, fixed term, exempt, renewable appointment based in Washington, D.C. USA. The successful candidate will work with a team of other senior researchers at the IFPRI headquarters in Washington, DC to carry out research on enhancing food safety and nutrition in value chains as part of the CGIAR Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH) program. Please note that Postdoctoral appointments at IFPRI have a maximum term of three (3) years, inclusive of any approved appointment extensions.
Postdoctoral Fellow/MTID - Position #12-175
- Conduct research on the policies, market institutions, and incentives for improving food safety and nutrition in value chains serving consumers in developing countries.
- Collaborate with researchers in developing countries in developing new data, surveys, and experiments for understanding value chains.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields
- Strong capabilities in quantitative analysis and ability to use economic theory in innovative and policy relevant ways
- Experience with data collection, analysis, and management and with applied econometric techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with agriculture and health issues as they relate to poverty, economic growth, and food security
- Demonstrated ability to produce written technical reports and research publications
- Experience in research related to the economics of value chains, vertical coordination, and product quality attributes (JEL codes L14 and L15)
ABOUT IFPRI: IFPRI is one of the international agricultural research institutes organized under the umbrella of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). The mandate of IFPRI is to identify and analyze alternative national and international strategies and policies for meeting world food needs in ways that conserve the natural resource base, with emphasis on low income and on the poorer groups in the countries.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Log on to http://www.ifpri.org. Click on "Careers" and "IFPRI's Most Recent Positions" to link you to Position 12-175 - Post Doctoral Fellow. Please complete on-line application, including a complete curriculum vitae and detailed letter of interest. Also complete section providing 3 references.
FURTHER INFORMATION: For more information on IFPRI, please visit our website at http://www.ifpri.org